C-HS Graduate or Equivalent
0 - 10%
1220 Chestnut StreetEmmaus, PA 18049
Provides leadership in the Seafood department by effectively training and supervising all Seafood associates. Reviews orders for all products and implements merchandising initiatives that promote sales while meeting customer demands and maximizing profits based on volume of store.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
1. Promotes excellent customer relations by instilling positive customer focused behavior with associates. Smiles and greets customers, answers customer questions and helps resolve customer concerns promptly in a polite and professional manner. Focuses on continuous improvement in all areas of the department and makes changes to ensure progress.
2. Takes customer orders over the phone or in person at the store with a pleasant and positive attitude. Determines what the customer is looking for in terms of size and appearance. Creates the finished product in a timely fashion.
3. Manages inventory levels and reviews orders to ensure product quantities meet customer demand. Maintains backroom organization and product storage within company guidelines. Oversees shelf replenishment efforts to ensure product availability for customers, with prioritization for weekly specials, seasonally and locally relevant items, and other high-velocity items.
4. Schedules all Seafood associates, oversees and participates in training, rewards and recognizes performance and delegates work assignments to effectively utilize talents and abilities while maximizing profits for the department. Participates in associate annual performance reviews and new hire interviews. Utilizes the Learning Management System (LMS) for current and new associates.
5. Develops and implements localized merchandising plans, sets up and creates displays for new or seasonal items to drive sales. Develops and maintains communications with other departments and store manager in order to devise cross merchandising plans, to meet financial objectives. Monitors competitor activity concerning merchandising, pricing, quality, and comparison signage.
6. Prepares and maintains records of inventories to calculate gross monthly profits, consistent with company guidelines. Inspects seafood products and supplies upon delivery for quality and quantity. May help unload and unpack product. Enforces and follows department practices regarding receiving, dating and stocking product to ensure quality, accuracy and proper rotation. Handles spoiled and damaged product according to established procedures.
7. Controls department expenses by improving operations and efficiencies, controls labor costs and reduces losses due to damages, spoiled product and shrink. Ensures associates correctly follow company recipes for prepared products. Maintains freshness by properly removing and recording out of code products. Completes required product logs.
8. Checks and verifies all department deliveries and invoices to ensure accurate billing. May help unload merchandise and transport to sales floor or storage area. Enforces and follows department practices regarding receiving, dating and restocking to ensure product rotation. Monitors product quality and freshness. Breaks down deliveries.
9. Keeps seafood area well stocked and appealing to meet customer requirements. Smiles and greets customers, makes suggestions and provides information on seafood preparation. Takes orders for future delivery and helps fill special requests. Helps resolve customer concerns in a prompt and courteous manner.
10. Sets up displays and rotates product as needed. Ensures that seafood is fresh, in saleable condition with proper prices and signage. Handles product that is spoiled, damaged or close to expiration as detailed by company procedures and standards. Removes product that is not saleable to ensure quality.
11. Weighs and wraps merchandise for customers and applies sticker showing price and weight. Maintains necessary logs to track freshness and quality. Adheres to all food and personal safety codes when handling product or utilizing kitchen tools.
12. Maintains backroom and receiving area security and organization by promoting 5S procedures Responsible for general sanitation in the department. Follows cleaning schedules and department guidelines to ensure that work areas, equipment, counters, display cases, etc. are well maintained, clean and meet all health and OSHA requirements. Disposes of trash properly.
13. May assist with baling cardboard or other related duties (if properly trained – training provided).
14. Ensures smooth function of department and store by cooperating with co-workers and supervisors. Responsible to continuously improve job and department performance.
15. Responsible for utilization of all company provided Personal Protected Equipment (PPE). Including but not limited to: cut resistant gloves, safety cutters, company sponsored footwear, etc. 16. May also be called upon to assist in other departments.
Regularly required to do the following activities:
▪ Walk- move about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work station to another.
▪ Balance, Stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
▪ Climb stairs and/or ladders.
▪ Stand dynamically to perform a function and move to perform another.
▪ Stand statically in one place to perform a function without changing location.
▪ Reaching- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
▪ Lift up to fifty (50) pounds and carry a distance of twenty (20) feet.
▪ Push and/or pull up to fifty (50) pounds a distance of twenty (20) feet.
▪ Talk and hear; verbally express ideas and impart information or instructions.
▪ Use hands to finger, grasp, and/or feel; the ability to pick, pinch with fingers, type, seize, hold, apply pressure, or turn with hands; and perceive attributes of objects and materials, such as size, shape, temperature, or texture, by touching with fingertips.
▪ Close- clear vision at 20 inches or less
▪ Distance- clear vision at 20 feet or more
▪ Color- ability to identify and distinguish colors
▪ Peripheral- ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point
▪ Depth- three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships.
▪ Adjust focus- ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus after looking at something at a closer or greater distance.
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.