0 - 10%
165 Orville RoadBaltimore, MD 21221
Weis Markets provides many career opportunities at all levels. We are known for internal promotions and career pathing from all positions. The sales associate is the foundation of those positions within the store. We look to train our associates in a variety of areas, and then to specialize in others with appropriate company provided training. For example, a new hire can specialize as a cashier, a grocery associate, a deli associate or any other position of need in the store. The specific area of need and your interest will be discussed during the interview process with the store.
1. Is responsible for delivering superior customer service in a variety of departments. Smiles and greets customers, answers questions, does suggestive selling, handles special requests, resolves customer issues in a prompt and courteous manner.
2. Ensures that merchandise is in stock, fresh, in saleable condition and properly priced with the correct signage. Handles spoiled and damaged product or product that is close to expiration according to company policy. Removes product that should not be sold.
3. May assist in the production of deli, meat, bakery and other fresh departments. Complies with company and legal regulations regarding food and human safety.
4.Follows cleaning and sanitation guidelines to ensure that work areas, equipment, display cases, etc. are well maintained, clean and that health and OSHA requirements are met.
5. Will help to properly stock merchandise and fill shelves. Helps minimize losses by reporting problems or damages to merchandise. Ensures proper use and care of equipment.
6. Has responsibility for running a cash register which may include purchase transactions, refunds, gift cards, lottery, pharmacy, tobacco, wine and beer.
7. May also be called upon to assist in all departments
Regularly required to do the following activities:
Stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
Stand dynamically for long periods without a break.
Stand statically for long periods without a break.
Maintain balance while walking, standing, crouching, or running.
Twist upper torso.
Reach up and out with hands and arms.
Lift up to (20) pounds and carry a distance of twenty (20) feet (may vary by department)
Push and/or pull up to twenty (20) pounds a distance of twenty (20) feet. (may vary by department)
Talk and hear; verbally express ideas and impart information or instructions.
Use hands to finger, handle, and/or feel; the ability to pick, pinch with fingers, seize, hold, grasp or turn with hands, and perceive attributes of objects and materials, such as size, shape, temperature, or texture, by touching with fingertips.
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.