F-2-Year College Degree
0 - 10%
1000 S. 2nd StreetSunbury, PA 17801
The primary purpose of this position is to be trained to fill in spots of the plant production. You will work all facets of the plant. Some mechanical ability is preferred. Hours could vary, depending on who you are covering.
$15.00 per hour and a $3.00 attendance incentive.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
1. Perform bacterial plating. This would require using Petri film, Coli sure, and Colilert packets for testing. They must read bacterial plates within the appropriate time frame, and take action in the event of microbial contamination.
2. Must collect samples for testing from filling machines, pasteurized tanks, raw tanks, and/or the storage cooler. Must also collect samples for monthly and yearly analyses to comply with Federal, State, and Local mandates.
3. Develop strong working knowledge of all laboratory instrumentation. This includes, but is not limited to: use of EQA Analyzer, Charm NovaLUM unit, Charm ROSA READER system, pH meters, the CEM Fat Analyzer and the FT-1 Fat Analyzer.
4. Develop strong working knowledge of QA Studio software that is used for data entry, sample identification, and reporting of laboratory results.
5. Develop working knowledge of BICEPS to generate Purchase Orders.
6. Develop strong understanding of all paperwork and documentation as it pertains to each facility.
7. Required to become Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture (PDA) approved Milk Sampler.
8. Required to become Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture (PDA) certified Appendix N (certified for testing in antibiotics and raw milk testing) Industry Supervisor and participate in annual split sample testing.
9. Must be able to trouble-shoot out-of-spec results as well as correct non-compliant finished product prior to packaging.
10. Must keep work area clean and orderly.
11. Must stock laboratory with essential supplies and prepare necessary stock solutions as needed.
12. Must calibrate and maintain laboratory equipment at required intervals.
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.