0 - 10%
7801 Glenlivet Drive WestFogelsville, PA 18051
1. Keeps seafood area well stocked and appealing to meet customer requirements. Smiles and greets customers, makes suggestions and provides information on seafood preparation. Handles any customer special requests and resolves customer complaints or problems in a prompt and courteous manner.
2. Sets up displays and rotates product as needed. Ensures that seafood is fresh, in saleable condition with proper prices and signage. Handles product that is spoiled, damaged or close to expiration as detailed by company procedures and standards. Removes product that is not saleable to ensure quality. Disposes of trash properly.
3. Weighs and wraps merchandise for customers and applies sticker showing price and weight. Maintains necessary logs to track freshness and quality. Adheres to all food and human safety codes when handling product or utilizing kitchen tools.
4. Responsible for general sanitation of the department. Follows cleaning schedules and department guidelines to ensure that work areas, counters, display cases, etc. are well maintained, clean and meet all health and OSHA requirements.
5. Helps manager control inventory through proper ordering. Helps minimize losses by returning products to refrigeration. May help receive, unload, unpack, and check incoming product. Reports shortages or overages to manager.
6. Ensures smooth function of department and store by cooperating with co-workers and superiors. Responsible to continuously improve job performance.
7. May also be called upon to assist in other departments, including meat or front-end.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred. Must be 18 years of age.
Knowledge and Skills
Must know how to properly and safely operate equipment in preparing seafood and shellfish (must be 18 and trained in order to use all cutting and packaging equipment – training provided). Experience dealing with customers helpful.
Sight and peripheral vision
Lifting up to 100 lbs, carrying up to 60 lbs
Standing and walking
Reaching, bending, and grasping
Must be able to work around shellfish
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.