C-HS Graduate or Equivalent
0 - 10%
110 Rolling Ridge DriveState College, PA 16801
1. Assists Pharmacists to control inventories by keeping products well stocked. May order, receive and check in wholesaler orders. Logs invoices in inventory log and takes invoices to receiving clerk. Keeps shelves stocked as shipments arrive (including OTC's). Removes outdated or recalled products, processes paperwork for manufacturer returns or medication transfers.
2. Answers telephone and customer questions that do not require a pharmacist, receives refill requests, waits on and helps customers find over-the-counter items. Receives written prescriptions from customers, may obtain demographic and health information, retrieves and records necessary data and provides price quotes. Uses register to check out customers.
3. Enters data and processes prescriptions on a computer. Prints prescription labels and applies to vials.
4. Assists pharmacist by retrieving medications. Prepares for pick up by counting or pouring correct products. Bags completed prescriptions. Scans prescription into HIPAA computer and helps customer with electronic signature capture.
5. Assists with weekly paperwork. Prepares manual insurance claims and files written prescription forms. Maintains confidentiality and adheres to all company, legal and HIPPA regulations.
6. Performs housekeeping duties to comply with sanitation standards.
7. Ensures smooth function of department and store by cooperating with co-workers and superiors. Responsible to continuously improve job performance.
8. May also be asked to carry out specific assignments or projects as required by superiors.
Education and Experience
High School diploma and/or general education degree (GED).
Knowledge and Skills
Good interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with customers in person and on the telephone. Must have good working knowledge of computers.
Lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs.
Operating equipment such as computer, register, etc.
Bending, reaching and grasping
Standing for long periods, some walking
Some tolerance for stress
Communication (both verbal and written)
Sight or peripheral vision
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.