C-HS Graduate or Equivalent
0 - 10%
200 Ridge Pike Ste 110Conshohocken, PA 19428
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Pharmacist and Pharmacy Manager with serving customers and maintaining the Pharmacy department. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
1. Perform all functions and duties of a Pharmacy Service Representative to ensure prompt service in the Pharmacy Department.
2. Perform computer entry of prescription information including but not limited to: patient search, prescriber search, drug selection, prescription interpretation & entry, insurance billing and basic problem resolution.
3. Accept customer and prescription information required to process new and refill prescriptions, including refill authorization from doctor offices where permitted by state law. 4. Retrieve the appropriate medication from inventory where permitted by state law.
5. Create prescription labels and put them on prescription containers where permitted by state law.
6. Place medication into prescription containers where permitted by state law.
7. Complete paperwork related to filling prescriptions and input customer and prescription data into the computer system where permitted by law.
8. Assist with maintaining the Pharmacy department by keeping it clean and in order.
9. Assist in inventory management processes including: order review, inventory returns, restocking shelves, and physical inventory preparation.
10. Administer Weis Markets
11. Reconstitute oral liquids where permitted by state law
Other Skills, Abilities, and/or Training The following qualities are required:
▪ Minimum age of 18 years old as required by state law.
▪ Ability to pass drug test.
▪ Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
▪ Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
▪ Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
▪ Ability to work weekends on a frequent basis.
▪ Ability to work extended days on a rare basis.
▪ Ability to work day or evening hours.
▪ Accuracy and attention to detail.
▪ Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
▪ Familiarity with Pharmacy Law and industry/technical terms and processes.
▪ Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
▪ Excellent customer service skills.
▪ Familiarity with SYSM and other communication tools.
▪ Ability to resolve conflicts and problems as they arise. The following qualities are helpful:
▪ Ten-key punch speed of four thousand (4,000) SPH.
▪ Typing speed of forty (40) WPM.
Knowledge of brand and generic drugs by name. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND/OR REGISTRATIONS This position requires the following licenses and/or certifications:
▪ Pharmacy Technician certification where required by state law.
▪ Weis Markets Technician Training Program certification in all modules, job class/codes up to and including “Pharmacy Technician”.
▪ Successful achievement of Weis Market’s Pharmacy Technician Certification
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The associate is: ▪ Regularly required to do the following activities: – Stand statically for long periods without a break. – Walk about. – Talk and hear; verbally express ideas and impart information or instructions. – Use hands to finger, handle, and/or feel; the ability to type, pick, pinch with fingers, seize, hold, grasp or turn with hands, and perceive attributes of objects and materials, such as size, shape, temperature, or texture, by touching with fingertips. – Maintain balance while walking, standing, crouching, or running. – Twist upper torso. – Reach up and out with hands and arms. ▪ Frequently required to do the following activities: – Stand dynamically for long periods without a break. – Lift and push/pull up to ten (10) pounds a distance of five (5) feet. ▪ Occasionally required to do the following activities: – Remain seated in a normal position for short periods. – Climb stairs and/or ladders
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.