G-Bachelor’s Level Degree
2836 Route 611Tannersville, PA 18372
1. Works with the pharmacy manager on controlling inventories by helping track weekly sales, may order various pharmaceutical stock in order to meet customer demand and maximize profits.
2. Weighs, measures, mixes drugs and other medical compounds and fills bottles with correct quantity and compositions. May give advice to self-medicating patients. Also dispenses non-prescription medications. Maintains open communication with various health and insurance professionals.
3. Perform patient immunizations on a regular basis.
4. In the absence of the Pharmacy Manager may have to schedule pharmacy associates, reward and recognize performance, discipline associates as required, and give out work assignments to effectively utilize skills and abilities while meeting company profit objectives.
5. Assists manager with the ongoing training and development of department personnel in an effort to improve performance, ensure continuous development, reduce turnover and control labor costs.
6. Helps control department expenses by monitoring and improving operations, ensuring labor goals are met, and reducing losses due to shrink.
7. Responds to customer complaints and questions in an efficient and courteous manner, provides effective counseling on prescription related issues (i.e., adverse drug reactions, patients history which might bear on the prescribing decision, proper storage of medications, patient questions on medications, etc.) Identifies areas to improve customer service and collaborates with pharmacy manager to correct any deficiencies.
8. Helps manager maintain a safe, clean department through an effective housekeeping program to meet company, health department and OSHA standards.
9. Maintains appropriate department records and files on important matters, which may include associate performance and discipline, sales plans, etc. Submits required pharmacy reports which document department activities.
10. Ensures smooth function of department and store by cooperating with co-workers and superiors. Responsible to continuously improve job performance.
11. Performs duties of staff as required.
Bachelor of Pharmacy or Pharm D
Current Pennsylvania Pharmacist License
Current Pennsylvania Immunization License
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.