High School or Equivalent
0 - 10%
1786J Columbia AvenueColumbia, PA 17512US
1. Helps keep the floral department well stocked and appealing at all times to meet customer requirements. Smiles and greets customers. Discusses customer's needs, may make suggestions, handle special customer's requests and resolve customer concerns in a prompt and courteous manner.
2. Sets up displays. Ensures that floral product is always fresh and in saleable condition with correct pricing and signage. Handles spoiled or damaged product according to company procedures and standards. May create arrangements on sales floor to interest customers. May also provide delivery service to customer's business or homes (only applicable in Florist Stores)
3. Follows company guidelines for merchandizing product such as Flower of the Month and utilizing rolling racks to drive sales.
4. Responsible for sanitation in the department. Follows cleaning schedules to ensure that work areas, display cases, etc., are well maintained and clean at all times. Removes trash. Helps maintain a safe work environment by following all OSHA requirements.
5. Does some ordering. Helps leader minimize losses by inspecting product upon delivery and properly refrigerating products. Reports any shortages and overages to leader.
6. Ensures smooth function of department and store by cooperating with co-workers and superiors. Responsible to continuously improve job performance.
7. May be called upon to assist in other departments, especially in the front-end.
Previous experience is preferred.
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.