C-HS Graduate or Equivalent
0 - 10%
1290 Front StreetBinghamton, New York 13901United States of America (the)
1. Keeps produce department well stocked and appealing to meet customer demands. Must be knowledgeable on all produce. Smiles and greets customers, answers customer questions, handles special requests such as filling orders for fruit baskets and resolves customer complaints or problems in a prompt and courteous manner.
2. Unpacks cartons and crates of merchandise, cleans and trims produce, stocks area with new merchandise. Ensures merchandise is in saleable condition which requires rotating stock to ensure freshness. Ensures that product has been properly priced with correct signage.
3. Assists produce manager in building attractive displays. Accurately completes necessary product logs. Handles spoiled and damaged product, new items and discontinued items accordingly to company policy
4. Follows company, state and federal regulations for proper handling of food. Adheres to safety guidelines while utilizing knives or other tools.
5. Responsible for conditions on the sales floor and in cooler, prep room and backroom. Follows sanitation guidelines to maintain department according to company, state, federal and OSHA regulations. Disposes of trash properly.
6. Helps produce manager control inventories through proper ordering. Assists in minimizing shrink and controlling damages. May help receive, unload and check incoming merchandise. Reports shortages and overages to manager.
7. Ensures smooth function of department and store by cooperating with co-workers and superiors. Responsible to continuously improve job performance
8. May also be called upon to assist in other departments.
Education and Experience Current student, High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
Knowledge and Skills Must have ability and dexterity to lift 60 pounds with ease. Must know how to properly and safely operate equipment utilized in moving merchandise. Experience dealing with customers helpful. Ability to multi-task. Must be attentive to detail.
Physical Requirements Hearing (listening) Lifting up to 60 lbs Standing Reaching and bending for extended periods Sight and peripheral vision Communications (both verbal & written)
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.