0 - 10%
441 West Main StreetMount Joy, PA 17552US
The primary purpose of this position is to assist customers with their health care needs by filling prescriptions and providing excellent customer service and managing Pharmacy associates. Leads pharmacy operations by partnering with store leadership and communicating our strategy to improve prescription growth, sales, and margin, control shrink and inventory management and other opportunities to control expenses. Aware of regulatory changes in the states practiced in. Frequent independent judgments are essential. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
1. Maintains a collaborative business relationship with store operations team including driving associate engagement and communicates department and company strategy to pharmacy associates.
2. Ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of all prescriptions filled by completing Drug Utilization Review and Final Quality Assurance, applicable to state and federal Board of Pharmacy regulations.
3. Manages the department to build a profitable business and grow script growth through recommended clinical programs including appropriate immunization and when available MTM (Medication Therapy Management) and all ongoing other programs as identified.
4. Works with the pharmacy District Manager and Pharmacy staff on controlling inventories by helping track weekly sales, may order various pharmaceutical stock in order to meet customer demand and maximize profits.
5. Responsible to align performance objectives to the 7 key department metrics that are measurable for effectiveness and efficiencies within your control of the Rx department.
6. Provide excellent customer service by assisting customers with medical-related issues and providing healthcare counseling.
7. Supervise the work completed by Pharmacists and Pharmacy associates and support staff.
8. Directs training, coaching, discipline and assumes management of all Pharmacy associates.
9. Maintain appropriate security of the Pharmacy department.
10. Handle and resolve customer issues, complaints and questions to build customer trust and loyalty.
11. Interact with physicians and utilize reference material to gain information on customers and prescriptions and to resolve any issues that arise.
12. Assist with maintaining the Pharmacy department by keeping it clean and in order.
13. Regularly reviews ongoing training and development of department personnel in an effort to improve performance, ensure continuous development, reduce turnover and control labor costs.
14. Prioritize Pharmacy department tasks and follow through to ensure all tasks are completed in a timely manner. Including, but not limited, to cycle counts, inventory management and will-calls to customers.
Bachelor's degree (BS), Doctoral degree (PHARM.D.), or equivalent in Pharmacy, two (2) years of retail pharmacy experience, and Immunization Certification through an accredited organization (i.e. APhA) required.
Current Pennsylvania Pharmacist License
Current Pennsylvania Immunization License
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.