C-HS Graduate or Equivalent
0 - 10%
9400 Scott Moore WayPerry Hall, MD 21128
1. Enters new items into the system, deletes old items, ensures pricing integrity by correcting or recording omissions, errors or any inconsistencies in a timely manner. Oversees weekly price changes and pricing policy throughout the store to maintain gross profit margins.
2. Responsible for checking ads, is aware of all ad items and any special restrictions. Coordinates the weekly sales promotion activities with the department managers.
3. Performs shelf tag maintenance as required in a timely manner. Activates pricing batch work via computer at correct times.
4. Assists with the signage of ad merchandise to reflect company standards. Completes a sign walk to identify and correct problem areas. Maintains knowledge of product locations to assist customers and co-workers.
5. Ensures smooth function of department and store by cooperating with co-workers and superiors. Responsible to continuously improve job performance
6. May also assist with running register and other front-end duties as directed by the Front-End Manager.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The associate is regularly required to do the following activities:
– Walk - move about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work station to another.
– Balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
– Stand dynamically to perform a function and move to perform another.
– Stand statically in one place to perform a function without changing locations.
– Reaching – extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
– Climb stairs and/or ladders.
– Lift up to twenty (20) pounds and carry a distance of ten (10) feet.
– Push and/or pull up to twenty (20) pounds a distance of ten (10) feet.
– Talk and hear; verbally express ideas and impart information or instructions.
– Use hands to finger, handle, and/or feel; the ability to pick, pinch with fingers, seize, hold, grasp or turn with hands, and perceive attributes of objects and materials, such as size, shape, temperature, or texture, by touching with fingertips.
▪ Occasionally required to do the following activities:
– Lift up to fifty (50) pounds and carry a distance of ten (10) feet.
– Push and/or pull up to fifty (50) pounds a distance of ten (10) feet.
▪ Specific vision abilities required for this job include:
– Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less).
– Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more).
– Color vision and the ability to identify and distinguish colors.
– Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point).
– Depth perception and the ability to judge distances and spatial relationships.
– Adjustable focus – ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus after looking at something at a closer or greater distance.
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.