0 - 10%
61 King's PlazaOley, PA 19547
Stocks and maintains the department according to established department procedures and standards to ensure that merchandise is available for customers in order to generate sales and maximize profits. Meet customer satisfaction through constant and consistent customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
1. Smiles and greets customers. Discusses customers’ needs, makes suggestions, handles special requests and resolves customer concerns promptly in a polite and professional manner.
2. Operates the scanning equipment and cash register. Performs all related check out procedures including properly and efficiently bagging merchandise and placing merchandise in customer’s cart.
3. Maintains accuracy during the transaction, ensuring the customer is charged for all items and appropriate funds are collected. Maintains proper security measures and cash drawer accounting procedures, avoiding overages and/or shortages.
4. Follows all store and legal guidelines regarding sale of alcohol, as well as other products at the register.
5. May assist with receiving, unloading, checking-in, breaking-down, and storing deliveries through operation of a power jack or hand jack (if properly trained – training provided).
6. Stocks and rotates merchandise to ensure customer availability. Stores excess merchandise according to back-stock organization guidelines. Sets up displays. Ensures that merchandise is always fresh and in saleable condition with correct pricing and signage. Handles expired or damaged product according to company procedures and standards.
7. Follows company guidelines for merchandising product and utilizes incremental displays to drive sales.
8. Responsible for general sanitation in the department. Follows cleaning schedules and department guidelines to ensure that work areas, equipment, counters, display cases, etc. are well maintained, clean and meet all health and OSHA requirements. Disposes of trash properly.
9. Reviews orders of product and supplies. Minimizes losses by inspecting product upon delivery and maintaining proper handling/rotation. Reports any shortages or overages to management.
10. Ensures smooth function of department and store by cooperating with co-workers and supervisors. Responsible to continuously improve job performance.
11. Responsible for utilization of all company provided Personal Protected Equipment (PPE). Including but not limited to: cut resistant gloves, safety cutters, company sponsored footwear, etc.
12. May also be called upon to assist in other departments.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met regularly to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The associate is:
▪ Regularly required to do the following activities:
▪ Walk- move about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work station to another.
▪ Balance, Stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
▪ Climb stairs and/or ladders.
▪ Stand dynamically to perform a function and move to perform another.
▪ Stand statically in one place to perform a function without changing location.
▪ Reaching- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
▪ Lift up to forty (40) pounds and carry a distance of twenty (20) feet.
▪ Push and/or pull up to fifty (50) pounds a distance of twenty (20) feet.
▪ Talk and hear; verbally express ideas and impart information or instructions.
▪ Use hands to finger, grasp, and/or feel; the ability to pick, pinch with fingers, type, seize, hold, apply pressure, or turn with hands; and perceive attributes of objects and materials, such as size, shape, temperature, or texture, by touching with fingertips.
▪ Close- clear vision at 20 inches or less
▪ Distance- clear vision at 20 feet or more
▪ Color- ability to identify and distinguish colors
Peripheral- ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point
▪ Depth- three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships.
▪ Adjust focus- ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus after looking at something at a closer or greater distance.
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.