C-HS Graduate or Equivalent
0 - 10%
1500 N. Cedar Crest BlvdAllentown, PA 18104
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
1. Smiles and greets customers. Discusses customers’ needs, makes suggestions, handles special requests and resolves customer concerns promptly in a polite and professional manner.
2. Operates the scanning equipment and cash register. Performs all related check out procedures including properly and efficiently bagging merchandise and placing merchandise in customer’s cart.
3. Maintains accuracy during the transaction, ensuring the customer is charged for all items and appropriate funds are collected. Maintains proper security measures and cash drawer accounting procedures, avoiding overages and/or shortages.
4. Follows all store and legal guidelines regarding sale of alcohol, as well as other products at the register.
5. May assist with receiving, unloading, checking-in, breaking-down, and storing deliveries through operation of a power jack or hand jack (if properly trained – training provided).
6. Stocks and rotates merchandise to ensure customer availability. Stores excess merchandise according to back-stock organization guidelines. Sets up displays. Ensures that merchandise is always fresh and in saleable condition with correct pricing and signage. Handles expired or damaged product according to company procedures and standards.
7. Follows company guidelines for merchandising product and utilizes incremental displays to drive sales.
8. Responsible for general sanitation in the department. Follows cleaning schedules and department guidelines to ensure that work areas, equipment, counters, display cases, etc. are well maintained, clean and meet all health and OSHA requirements. Disposes of trash properly.
9. Reviews orders of product and supplies. Minimizes losses by inspecting product upon delivery and maintaining proper handling/rotation. Reports any shortages or overages to management.
10. Ensures smooth function of department and store by cooperating with co-workers and supervisors. Responsible to continuously improve job performance.
11. Responsible for utilization of all company provided Personal Protected Equipment (PPE). Including but not limited to: cut resistant gloves, safety cutters, company sponsored footwear, etc.
12. May also be called upon to assist in other departments.
To perform this job successfully, the associate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without an accommodation. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required:
Education and/or Experience Completed or working towards a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED). No prior experience required.
Language Skills Ability to read, simple verbal or written instructions; ability to write short memos/messages. Able to communicate information effectively one on one, and in small groups (customers and coworkers).
Mathematical Skills Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10s and 100s. Able to perform these operations using American units of money, weight, volume, and distance.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out simple one- and two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Other Skills, Abilities, and/or Training The following qualities are required: ▪ Minimum eighteen (18) years of age.
Minimum labor requirements:
▪ Ability to pass drug test
▪ Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
▪ Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
▪ Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
▪ Ability to work overtime on an occasional basis
▪ Accuracy and attention to detail.
▪ Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
▪ Familiarity with industry/technical terms and processes, helpful.
▪ Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.