C-HS Graduate or Equivalent
0 - 10%
16 S. Industrial Park RdMilton, PA 17847
GENERAL SUMMARY: The role of the Security Guard is to patrol the Milton Distribution Center, and other Weis facilities as needed, to maintain the security and safety of the facility. The Security Guards will also respond to site incidents and emergencies and will maintain emergency response certifications. Additionally, Guards operating the gates are required to interact with all Third-Party OTR and Weis drivers to properly inbound/outbound and route trucks on the site.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None.
· Inbound all Third-Party OTR deliveries by verifying driver identity, company, appointment time, and purchase order. Input driver ID and PO into Gate Guard and MDS systems, assign dock door for unloading, and route drivers through the facility.
· Inbound all Weis drivers by entering load contents into MDS system for proper processing – backhauls, salvage, store returns, deliveries from Sunbury manufacturing facilities, etc.
· Outbound all Third-Party OTR and Weis drivers by utilizing the Gate Guard or Triceps systems. Triceps will release outbound loads into the Weis inventory management system so stores will see their loads as In-Transit.
· Conduct regular foot patrols of the facilities, where access is provided, to identify safety and security concerns.
· Act as a visual deterrent by patrolling the visitor and employee parking lots of the facilities.
· Report any suspicious activity to the proper authorities.
· Prevent unauthorized personnel from entering restricted areas.
· Respond to critical incidents and emergencies, providing support as needed.
· Sort store mail and coupons upon receipt from Weis drivers.
· Attend staff meetings/trainings as required.
· Perform all other duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma/GED equivalency certificate.
· Current First Aid, CPR, AED and Stop the Bleed certifications required / training provided.
· Ability to differentiate between legal and illegal activities.
· Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
· Possess a valid driver’s license.
· Ability to operate a company vehicle to transport shift materials and employees.
· Ability to lift 50 lbs.
· Ability to sit/stand/walk for extended periods of time.Ability to communicate effectively (orally and in writing) for the purposes of interacting with facility supervisors and report writing.
Schedule is 2nd shift, Starting time is 4PM-12AM, Fri, Sat, and Sun.
Starting rate is $16.00 per hour.
To perform this job successfully, the associate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required:
High School diploma or GED plus three (3) years of experience in warehouse distribution, security or equivalent combination of education and experience.
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.