C-HS Graduate or Equivalent
0 - 10%
3369 Route 100Macungie, PA 18062
1. Directs and manages associates and work processes at night in the absence of store and non-perishable manager to maintain a clean, organized and well-stocked store. Actively involved in associate training and performance recognition.
2. Efficiently delegates work to night crew in a productive, cost effective manner. Resolves conflicts and problems. Ensures associates follow work safety guidelines.
3. Implements merchandising plans in order to meet customer requirements, ensures adequate inventories to maximize sales. Maintains organization of back room.
4. Responsible for maintaining the store and associate security during night shift. Enforces store sanitary regulations including OSHA requirements. Checks alarms, follows established store security guidelines and helps minimize loss by controlling shrink.
5. Maintains communication with other store departments in order to share information and resolve any problems or issues that occur during the night shift.
6. Helps oversee the receiving procedures to ensure correct product is received. May unload trucks, stock shelves, rotate product and store excess merchandise.
7. May be responsible for overseeing custodians performing store maintenance according to established procedures.
8. Ensures smooth function of department and store by cooperating with co-workers and superiors. Responsible to continuously improve job performance.
9. Operates the store baler in accordance with company safety and OSHA requirements.
Education and Experience
Current student, High school or GED preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
Must know how to operate store equipment utilized in moving merchandise.
Must have ability and dexterity to lift, carry, and stock merchandise.
Ability to multi-task.
Lifting up to 100 lbs.
Sight and peripheral vision
Carrying up to 60 lbs.
Operates store equipment such as jacks, baler, etc.
Standing and walking
Reaching and bending
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.