C-HS Graduate or Equivalent
0 - 10%
719 Route 552Selinsgrove, PA 17870
1. Keeps meat department cases well stocked and appealing to meet customer demand. Smiles and greets customers, makes suggestions, answers questions about various cuts and preparation of products. Takes orders for future delivery and helps fill special requests. Helps resolve customer issues in a prompt and courteous manner.
2. Unloads, receives, checks, and stores merchandise. Reports overages or shortages. Examines product in storage and rotates to ensure quality and freshness. May grind and cut certain meats and poultry. Ensures that merchandise is properly priced with the correct signage.
3. Weighs and wraps merchandise at customer request; applies sticker showing correct price and weight.
4. Assists manager in building displays. Handles spoiled, damages or soon to expire products according to company procedures and standards.
5. Responsible for general sanitation in the department. Cleans equipment and all surfaces necessary to maintain conditions. Disposes of trash properly. Empties bone cans.
6. Helps manager control inventories through proper ordering to lower damages and shrink. Returns perishable products to refrigeration as necessary.
7. Ensures smooth function of department and store by cooperating with co-workers and superiors. Responsible to continuously improve job performance
8. May be called upon to assist in other departments as needed.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred. Must be 18 years of age.
Knowledge and Skills Must know how to properly and safely operate equipment in preparing meat and pork (must be 18 and trained in order to use all cutting and packaging equipment – training provided). Experience dealing with customers helpful.
Sight and peripheral vision
Lifting up to 100 lbs, carrying up to 60 lbs
Standing and walking
Reaching, bending, and grasping
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.