C-HS Graduate or Equivalent
0 - 10%
230 West Rt. 313Perkasie, PA 18944
1. Oversees vendors bringing merchandise in and out of store. Receives, checks, counts and records all incoming merchandise and checks outgoing merchandise to be returned to vendors. Compares identifying information and verifies counts or weight of incoming merchandise against bills of lading, invoices, orders or other records.
2. Ensures product is in saleable condition. Rejects damaged items, records shortages and enters data or merchandise received into the system for proper billing. Also responsible for reducing damaged merchandise within store.
3. Plays major role in shrink reduction through minimizing waste and damages, taking care of damaged or distressed merchandise according to established company procedures and ensuring receiving procedures are properly followed and enforced.
4. Is responsible for backroom security and work area organization. Maintains records used for tracking store inventories.
5. Keeps work area clean to comply with established health and sanitation requirements. Maintains and follows company safety standards and ensures that equipment used for receiving and moving merchandise to storage or sales floor is in safe operating condition.
6. Ensures smooth function of department and store by cooperating with co-workers and superiors. Responsible to continuously improve job performance.
7. May assist Non-Perishable Manager with baling cardboard (must be over 18 years of age and properly trained training provided) or other related duties. May work in other departments as needed.
• Walk about. • Stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl. • Stand dynamically for long periods without a break. • Stand statically for long periods without a break. • Maintain balance while walking, standing, crouching, or running. • Twist upper torso. • Reach up and out with hands and arms. • Lift up to (20) pounds and carry a distance of twenty (20) feet (may vary by department) • Push and/or pull up to twenty (20) pounds a distance of twenty (20) feet. (may vary by department) • Talk and hear; verbally express ideas and impart information or instructions. • Use hands to finger, handle, and/or feel; the ability to pick, pinch with fingers, seize, hold, grasp or turn with hands, and perceive attributes of objects and materials, such as size, shape, temperature, or texture, by touching with fingertips.
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.