C-HS Graduate or Equivalent
0 - 10%
3369 Route 100Macungie, PA 18062
1. Keeps frozen department well stocked and appealing to meet customer demands. Smiles and greets customers, answers any questions. Resolves customer issues in a prompt and courteous manner.
2. May unload and check freight. Reports shortages and overages to manager. Ensures merchandise is in saleable condition and properly priced. Rotates product to control freshness. Handles product that is spoiled, damaged or close to expiration according to company procedures and standards. Removes product that cannot be sold.
3. Transports frozen product to and from storage areas and to sales floor using equipment such as a jack, flat cart or u-boat. Remains aware of seasonal nature of products and maintains active knowledge of product locations to assist customers. Adheres to all food and human safety guidelines.
4. Responsible for sanitation of work areas. Follows sanitation guidelines to ensure that cases, storage areas, etc., are well maintained, clean and health and OSHA requirements are met. Helps monitor temperature of cases, shelves, etc. and reports any failures to store management.
5. Helps maintain an acceptable inventory level by using proper ordering techniques. Minimizes losses by calling in and properly storing damages, ensures that product is returned to refrigeration. Keeps leader informed of anything having an impact on department inventories.
6. Ensures smooth function of department and store by cooperating with co-workers and superiors. Responsible to continuously improve job performance
7. May be called upon to assist in other departments throughout the store.
Regularly required to do the following activities:
▪ Walk- move about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work station to another.
▪ Balance, Stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
▪ Climb stairs and/or ladders.
▪ Stand dynamically to perform a function and move to perform another.
▪ Stand statically in one place to perform a function without changing location.
▪ Reaching- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
▪ Lift up to fifty (50) pounds and carry a distance of twenty (20) feet.
▪ Push and/or pull up to fifty (50) pounds a distance of twenty (20) feet.
▪ Talk and hear; verbally express ideas and impart information or instructions.
▪ Use hands to finger, grasp, and/or feel; the ability to pick, pinch with fingers, type, seize, hold, apply pressure, or turn with hands; and perceive attributes of objects and materials, such as size, shape, temperature, or texture, by touching with fingertips.
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.