C-HS Graduate or Equivalent
0 - 10%
73 Old Dublin PikeDoylestown, PA 18901
SUMMARY Provides leadership in the Floral department by effectively training and supervising all Floral associates. Reviews orders for all products and implements merchandising initiatives that promote sales while meeting customer demands and maximizing profits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
1. Promotes excellent customer relations by instilling positive customer focused behavior with associates. Smiles and greets customers, answers customer questions and helps resolve customer concerns promptly in a polite and professional manner. Focuses on continuous improvement in all areas of the department and makes changes to ensure progress.
2. Takes customer orders over the phone or in person at the store with a pleasant and positive attitude. Determines what the customer is looking for in terms of size and appearance. Creates the finished product in a timely fashion.
3. Keeps a fresh, clean and appealing department. Code dating rules must be followed, and product must be reworked or marked down before it turns to shrink. All proper sanitization procedures must be followed. Product that is being stored must be done at the appropriate temperature.
4. Builds displays that are clean, simple and merchandised to company standards. Moving product as needed to create impulse sales. Understanding your market and what is going on in the area to target your program. Monitors competitor activity concerning merchandising, pricing, quality, and comparison signage.
5. Develops and implements localized merchandising plans, sets up and creates displays for new or seasonal items to drive sales. Develops and maintains communications with other departments and store manager in order to devise cross merchandising plans, to meet financial objectives. Monitors competitor activity concerning merchandising, pricing, quality, and comparison signage.
6. Manages department inventory by tracking weekly sales, writing a good order based on your own sales to ensure the highest quality products while meeting profit goals. Reacting to load levels daily, reworking product that is not moving. Understanding procedures for arrangements and upgrades.
7. Checks and verifies all department deliveries and invoices to ensure accurate billing. May help unload merchandise and transport to sales floor or storage area. Enforces and follows department practices regarding receiving, dating and restocking to ensure product rotation. Monitors product quality and freshness. Breaks down deliveries.
8. Creates designs in front of the customer’s eye. Makes customized pieces for events or decoration.
9. Makes sure department is changing with each season (following corporate guidelines). Decorates using those key elements that are also for sale in the department.
10. Trains other Floral Associates in your district on new programs or re-train them on existing programs utilizes Floral Daily Best Practices. Cooperates with supervisor and co-workers to ensure continuous improvement of job performance. Utilizes the Learning Management System (LMS)
11. Maintains backroom and receiving area security and organization by promoting 5S procedures Responsible for general sanitation in the department. Follows cleaning schedules and department guidelines to ensure that work areas, equipment, counters, display cases, etc. are well maintained, clean and meet all health and OSHA requirements. Disposes of trash properly.
12. Schedules all Floral associates, oversees and participates in training, rewards and recognizes performance and delegates work assignments to effectively utilize talents and abilities while maximizing profits for the department. Participates in associate annual performance reviews and new hire interviews. Utilizes the Learning Management System (LMS) current and new associates.
13. May assist with baling cardboard or other related duties (if properly trained – training provided).
14. Ensures smooth function of department and store by cooperating with co-workers and superiors. Responsible to continuously improve job performance.
15. Responsible for utilization of all company provided Personal Protected Equipment (PPE). Including but not limited to: cut resistant gloves, safety cutters, company sponsored footwear, etc.
16. May also be called upon to assist in other departments.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES Supervises all associates in the department. Specific number of associates depends upon store volume.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS To perform this job successfully, the associate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required: Education and/or Experience High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in business related field desirable.
Minimum 3 years’ experience in management in a retail/restaurant/supermarket environment
Language Skills Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variable in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Other Skills, Abilities, and/or Training The following qualities are required:
▪ Minimum age of 18 years old.
▪ Ability to pass drug test.
▪ Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
▪ Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
▪ Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
▪ Ability to work weekends on a frequent basis.
▪ Ability to work extended days on an occasional basis.
▪ Ability to work day or evening hours
▪ Ability to work holidays.
▪ Ability to work overtime on an occasional basis.
▪ Accuracy and attention to detail.
▪ Ability to pass food safety training
▪ Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
▪ Familiarity with industry/technical terms and processes.
▪ Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
▪ Completion of required HIPAA Training and all other required regulatory compliance training.
▪ Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Windows XP, and Internet.
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.