The primary purpose of this position is to effectively direct and supervise all functions and activities of the CGO process and its Associates to achieve the department goals (i.e. sales, profit, Customer Experience, and Associate Engagement) in accordance with our purpose and service priorities under the direction of the Store Manager. Responsible to stock and maintain the department according to established department procedures and standards to ensure that merchandise is available for customers. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and applicable laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
1. Greets all customers and provide them with prompt, courteous service and assistance associates to help resolve customer concerns promptly, in a polite and professional manner. Follows company policy relating to increase customer satisfaction.
2. Work cooperatively and maintain an open line of communication with applicable departments in the store including Store Management team, Department Managers, and Night Crew.
3. Maintains integrity of the CGO system throughout the entire store. Balance on hand issue investigation and resolution.
4. Understand and utilize all required applications and current technology as relates to CGO Operations. Understand and stay up to date with new and current technology.
5. Ensure all reports and records are accurate, complete and retained in accordance with Company policy.
6. Complete and make appropriate decisions based on all applicable reports to ensure optimum profitability (i.e. overnight order lists, load in-aisle audits for the day, commodity pack out reports, negative inventory reports).
7. Responsible to creating daily pick list flor all departments.
8. Responsible to perform daily Out of Stock counts, investigates the reason(s) for the out of stock condition.
9. Investigate overstock items from previous deliveries to resolve miss-picks or forecasting issues.
10. Creates secondary display settings within CGO as directed by Store Manager.
11. Identifies planogram integrity issues and works to resolve by communicating effectively with other departments as needed to provide updates or changes.
12. Assists with the signage of out of stock merchandise to reflect company standards. Identifies and corrects inaccuracies of balance on-hands.
13. Maintain “Blue Chip” program of secondary product locations to assist co-workers in the replenishment process.
14. Review of salvage and transfer processes to assure accurate balance on hand.
15. Works with the Regional CGO analyst to resolve issues and concerns regarding out of stock conditions.
16. Responsible for general sanitation in the department. Follows cleaning schedules and department guidelines to ensure that work areas, equipment, counters, display counters, display cases, etc. are well maintained, clean and meet all health and OSHA requirements. Disposes of trash properly.
17. Perform all duties in accordance with all Company policies and programs, and all Local, State, and Federal laws and regulations, including all environmental, health, safety and security policies, programs, laws and regulations.
18. Responsible for utilization of all company provided Personal Protected Equipment (PPE). Including but not limited to, cut resistance gloves, safety cutters, company sponsored footwear, etc.
19. Performs other staff duties as required. May also be called upon to assist in other departments.
To perform this job successfully, the associate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without an accommodation. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required:
Education and/or Experience
High school education or general education degree (GED). No prior experience required.
Two (2) years or more retail grocery experience is preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions/procedure manuals. Can speak effectively to customers to solicit new business. Able to type, prepare, copy, file, and keep records.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Able to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills, Abilities, and/or Training
The following qualities are required:
▪ Minimum eighteen (18) years of age. Reason: Operation of equipment, overnight availability and oversee staff.
▪ Ability to pass drug test.
▪ Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
▪ Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
▪ Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
▪ Ability to work overtime on an occasional basis.
▪ Ability to work overtime on an occasional basis.
▪ Accuracy and attention to detail.
▪ Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
▪ Familiarity with industry/technical terms and processes, helpful.
▪ Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
▪ Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Windows XP, and Internet.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND/OR REGISTRATIONS
No certificates, licenses, and/or registrations are required for this position.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met regularly to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The associate is:
▪ Regularly required to do the following activities:
▪ Walk, move about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work station
▪ Balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
▪ Climb stairs and/or ladders.
▪ Stand dynamically to perform a function and move to perform another.
▪ Stand statically in one place to perform a function without changing location.
▪ Reaching, extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
▪ Lift up to fifty (50) pounds and carry a distance of ten (10) feet.
▪ Push and/or pull up to fifty (50) pounds a distance of twenty (20) feet.
▪ Talk and hear; verbally express ideas and impart information or instructions
▪ Use hands to finger, grasp, and/or feel; the ability to pick, pinch with fingers, type, seize, hold, apply pressure, or turn with hands; and perceive attributes of objects and materials, such as size, shape, temperature, or texture, by touching with fingertips.
▪ Close- clear vision at 20 inches or less
▪ Distance- clear vision at 20 feet or more
▪ Color- ability to identify and distinguish colors
▪ Peripheral- ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point.
▪ Depth- three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships.
▪ Adjust focus- ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus after looking at something at a closer or greater distance.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this job.
The associate is regularly exposed to indoor conditions with a moderate noise level. The associate is subject to environmental conditions. Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes (extreme cold and/or extreme hot).