C-HS Graduate or Equivalent
0 - 10%
Harrisburg, PA 17109
1. Manages department inventories by tracking weekly sales reports. Orders product and supplies to maintain stock levels of appealing merchandise to meet customer requirements and company gross profit goals.
2. Schedules associates and determines daily work assignments to effectively utilize skills and abilities. Delegates tasks to increase productivity. Regularly participates in on-the-job training including instruction on seafood and its preparation.
3. Develops and implements merchandizing plans individually or in cooperation with superiors to drive department sales. Cooperates with other departments to cross merchandise.
4. Prepares and maintains records of inventories to calculate gross monthly profits, consistent with company guidelines. Inspects seafood products and supplies upon delivery for quality and quantity. May help unload and unpack product. Enforces and follows department practices regarding receiving, dating and stocking product to ensure quality, accuracy and proper rotation. Handles spoiled and damaged product according to established procedures.
5. Controls department costs by monitoring and improving operations to increase profitability. Maintains labor costs and reduces losses due to damage or shrink.
6. Enforces cleaning schedules and department sanitation guidelines. Keeps merchandise conditions fresh and saleable to meet all health department and company regulations. Ensures associates work safely, following OSHA requirements.
7. Maintains excellent customer relations and handles complaints in a prompt and courteous manner. Focuses on continuous improvement and implements changes to improve customer service and maximize profits.
8. Maintains important department records including information regarding the performance and discipline of associates, sales plans, etc. Ensures product logs are completed in compliance with company policy.
9. Ensures smooth function of department and store by cooperating with co-workers and superiors. Responsible to continuously improve job performance.
10. Performs duties of staff as required. May also be called upon to assist in other departments.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
Must know how to properly and safely operate equipment utilized in moving merchandise.
Must be 18 and trained in order to use most deli equipment including deli slicer.
Ability to multi-task.
Experience dealing with customers helpful.
Sight and peripheral vision
Lifting up to 60 lbs
Communication (both verbal & written)
Standing for extended periods
Reaching, bending for extended periods
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.