0 - 10%
1000 S. 2nd StreetSunbury, PA 17801
The primary function of the maintenance staff in this food processing and packaging facility is to assure the reliability of all plant equipment, systems and facilities. This includes but is not limited to preventative, predictive and repair maintenance work. This requires the application of assorted trade skills, working independently and as a team, to achieve maximum equipment availability, production efficiency and the preservation of company assets.
This Position is 1st shift.
Schedule is Monday-Friday
Starting Rate is 17.00
1. All work is to be conducted safely, efficiently and with professionalism.
2. The quality of the products we produce is extremely important. Quality assurance is a part of everyone’s job.
3. Maintenance Technicians help to maintain all plant equipment, systems and facilities for optimum performance and reliability.
4. It is expected that you will apply to the job any skills that you already possess. You will be expected to eagerly apply yourself to learn other skills on the job or through formal training.
5. Tools are provided by the company. You are accountable and responsible for tools, keys, equipment, materials, supplies and any other company assets placed in your care or custody.
6. Effective follow through on requested repairs, preventative work and projects is required.
7. Maintain a neat and well-organized maintenance area.
8. Must comply with our GMP program, HACCP, and SQF plans as well as all associated programs and documentation.
9. Must strive to work within OSHA requirements at all times. Complying with company safety policies and practices is expected.
10. All associates in their related tasks are responsible for maintaining the commitment to Food Safety and Food Quality.
A High school diploma or equivalent is desirable. High school technical training and/or college level technical training with an emphasis in both the electrical and refrigeration field is preferred. Previous maintenance, production maintenance, or skilled trade experience is helpful.
DESIREABLE KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
1. Electrical skills
2. Refrigeration skills
3. Pneumatic and hydraulic system skills
5. Welding, machining, and fabricating skills
6. Boiler operation and steam distribution system knowledge
7. Routine preventative maintenance
8. Routine predictive maintenance
9. Able to effectively give, receive and understand written and verbal communications.
12. Must be self-motivated, able to work unsupervised and prioritize jobs.
13. Dependable and prompt
14. Above-average mechanical aptitude
15. Able to think and react promptly
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.