0 - 10%
1000 S. 2nd StreetSunbury, PA 17801
The primary purpose of this position is to perform general building maintenance, including but not limited to plumbing, flooring, painting, welding, electrical, electrical trouble shooting, material handling equipment, understanding of refrigeration systems, mechanical and processing equipment at the Manufacturing Plants. The Mechanical Maintenance Technician is responsible for conducting assigned maintenance projects. Receives work orders from the Maintenance Manager then performs the work necessary to complete the assignment. Provides follow-up by completing work orders in Maintenance Connection or appropriate computer tracking software and verifies that the assigned projects have been completed in compliance with established company standards. The incumbent is required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and applicable laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
1. Perform maintenance work in the Sunbury Manufacturing Plants.
2. Responsible for the maintenance and safe operation of company owned equipment used in conducting the day-to-day business of the department. I.e. tools, systems, vehicles, etc.
3. Receive work orders, prioritize work, and follow up on completed work.
4. Assure that emergency repairs are handled immediately to avoid property damage and personal injury to Weis Markets Inc. associates.
5. Work with local contractors for major repair projects & maintenance programs.
6. Assist with the coordination of procedures for rapid response and resolution of emergency building/equipment failures to ensure the continued operation of the DC with a minimum of disruption and spoilage of product.
7. Implement and maintain preventative maintenance programs & procedures.
8. Responsible for his/her assigned projects completion according to the company’s standards for criteria, time, cost, and quality.
9. Provides maintenance expertise to operations and other departments in response to questions in the area of maintenance and repairs.
10. Provides quick response and support where needed in emergency, disaster recovery, and /or compliance situations.
11. Provides ongoing evaluation of best practices & standards as well as new ideas, input and recommendations for criteria and process improvements.
12. Additional necessary skills and knowledge base may be required dependent upon which manufacturing facility the position is being filled.
Starting Rate is $18.00 per hour and pays a $3.00 per hour attendance incentive. Work mainly Monday through Friday or when work is needed.
A High school diploma or equivalent is desirable. High school technical training and/or college level technical training is preferred. Previous maintenance, production maintenance, or skilled trade experience is helpful.
1. Electrical skills
2. Refrigeration skills
3. Pneumatic and hydraulic system skills
5. Welding, machining, and fabricating skills
6. Boiler operation and steam distribution system knowledge
7. Routine preventative maintenance
8. Routine predictive maintenance
9. Able to effectively give, receive and understand written and verbal communications.
12. Must be self-motivated, able to work unsupervised and prioritize jobs.
13. Dependable and prompt
14. Above-average mechanical aptitude
15. Able to think and react promptly
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.