C-HS Graduate or Equivalent
0 - 10%
1000 S. 2nd StreetSunbury, PA 17801
1. Associate will work with ice production equipment in a 17 to 35-degree area.
2. Develop a working knowledge of the Ice Production Equipment, the palletizer, and stretch wrapper. Complete all required equipment inspections.
3. Operate pallet jacks and standup fork lifts safely. Complete all required inspection reports.
4. Load trailers with product and complete all required paperwork.
5. Develop working knowledge of floor space layout for staging of product.
6. Work safely, support, and participate in plant safety culture as well as support and comply with Company policies.
7. Perform general cleanup of work area as needed.
8. Scheduled shift is 7AM to 330PM, Monday through Friday. Some weekend work, may be required.
9. All associates in their related tasks are responsible for maintaining the commitment to Food Safety and Food Quality.
10. Starting rate of $14.00 per an hour, and a $2.00 per hour attendance incentive.
High school diploma (or the equivalent).
2. Must be able to lift, climb, stoop, or crawl as needed.
3. Ability to lift moderate parts, cartons, packages, and equipment.
4. Must be able to lift at least 65 pounds
5. Must be able to safely operate material handling equipment such as fork trucks and both manual and electric pallet jacks.
6. Must be able to safely operate Ice Production Equipment, the palletizer, and stretch wrapper.
7. Must have good personal hygiene.
8. Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively in groups.
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.