C-HS Graduate or Equivalent
0 - 10%
16 S. Industrial Park RdMilton, PA 17847
SUMMARY The central fill pharmacy at Weis Markets utilizes pharmacy automation to accurately prepare and package medications to be shipped back to local pharmacies or directly to patients. Associates will work in a fast-paced closed-door pharmacy setting to assist in the final packaging and shipping steps of prepared prescriptions. Associates will also be responsible for providing operational support to the Pharmacy Manager by assisting with inventory processes and helping to maintain a clean and organized working environment. Pharmacy Packaging Clerks will complete a training program to give them the knowledge and skills needed to perform job duties and will have access to additional resources and training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
1. Prepare and package fulfilled prescription medications for final distribution back to local pharmacies or directly to patients ensuring accuracy by following system process and procedures.
2. Organize printed prescription information by patient during the packaging steps to safeguard protected HIPAA information.
3. Ensure printed prescription information corresponds to prepared prescription bottles prior to bagging.
4. Sorts, packs, and processes prescription totes to be shipped back to local stores.
5. Assist in the proper packaging and shipping label generation for mail order and specialty medications.
6. Assist with inventory management by unpacking, sorting, and shelving medication orders and completing cycle counts as needed. Ensure proper stock rotation using a first-in, first-out process.
7. Support and utilize the central fill dispensing system and dispensing automation to maintain continuous work-flow to meet daily production goals while ensuring quality and safety.
8. Maintain a working knowledge of systems and equipment utilized for packaging, shipping, and inventory management.
9. Provide operational support to the pharmacists on duty and ensures and maintains a clean, organized, and safe work environment.
10. Ability to maintain focus and acute attention to detail while performing repetitive tasks with absolute accuracy.
11. Immediately report any suspected prescription errors to the pharmacist on duty.
12. Adhere to all policies and procedures related to central fill and pharmacy operations
13. Perform additional job-related responsibilities and duties as necessary or assigned.
14. Understand and Comply with all federal and state laws and regulations.
15. FT and PT positions are needed.
This position requires the following Licenses and Certifications:
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.