C-HS Graduate or Equivalent
0 - 10%
1133 York RoadWarminster, PA 18974
1. Keeps bakery well stocked and appealing to meet customer demands. Sets up special order tables during peak hours and shopping days. Smiles and greets customers, answers questions, does suggestive selling, handles any special requests, resolves customer issues in a prompt and courteous manner.
2. Ensures that merchandise is fresh, in saleable condition and properly priced with the correct signage. Handles spoiled and damaged product or product that is close to expiration according to company policy. Removes product that should not be sold.
3. May assist Bakery Specialist with the production of breads, pastries and other bake goods to sell. Adheres to use of production logs and company approved recipes. Complies with company and legal regulations regarding food and human safety.
4. Responsible for conditions of department. Follows cleaning and sanitation guidelines to ensure that work areas, equipment, display cases, etc. are well maintained, clean and that health and OSHA requirements are met.
5. Helps bakery manager control inventory through proper ordering. Helps minimize losses by inspecting and checking product upon delivery, reports shortages and overages to manager. Assists in minimizing shrink and damages. Ensures proper use and care of equipment.
6. Ensures smooth function of department and store by cooperating with co-workers and superiors. Responsible to continuously improve job performance
7. May also be called upon to assist in other departments
Education and Experience
Current student, High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
Must know how to properly and safely operate equipment (must be 18 and trained in order to use certain baking equipment – training provided) Experience dealing with customers helpful. Ability to multi-task.
Lifting 50 lbs
Standing for extended periods
Reaching, bending for extended periods
Sight or peripheral vision
Communications (especially verbal)
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.