C-HS Graduate or Equivalent
0 - 10%
1100 North Fourth StreetSunbury, PA 17801
1. Department must always be fresh, clean and appealing. Code dating rules must be followed, and product must be reworked or marked down before it turns to shrink. All proper sanitization procedures must be followed. Product that is being stored must be done at the appropriate temperature.
2. Building displays that are clean, simple and merchandised to company standards. Moving product as needed to create impulse sales. Focusing on key corporate programs such as Flower of the Month to educate our customers. Understanding the market and what is going on in the area to target programs. Also be in tune with competition, and share findings with management. Utilizing rolling racks for impulse sales always have out Thursday Friday in high traffic areas.
3. Writing a good order based on sales history and trends. Reacting to load levels daily, reworking product that is not moving. Taking a good inventory. Understanding mark up procedures for arrangements and upgrades. Scanning all shrink.
4. This is always the priority. Maintain a presence on the selling floor during peak volume hours to wrap flowers and assist customers. Share education about products and encourage add on sales. Provide animation for customers, making bouquets and arrangements on the selling floor.
5. Have variety available on the wall of Flowers. Focus on Freshness and reworking the product to keep it turning.
6. Create designs in front of the customer's eyes. Assist them with making customized pieces for their event or to decorate their home. Must be willing to learn new design techniques and focus on Weis Signature Design concepts.
7. Make sure department is changing with each season (following corporate guidelines). Decorate using those key elements that are also for sale in the department. Incorporate into arrangements and upgrades.
8. Train other Floral Associates on new programs or re-train them on existing programs.
9. Also performs duties of staff as required.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
Must know how to properly and safely operate equipment (must be 18 and trained in order to use certain baking equipment)
Experience dealing with customers helpful.
Ability to multi-task.
Lifting 50 lbs
Standing for extended periods
Reaching, bending for extended periods
Sight or peripheral vision
Communications (especially verbal)
EEOC JOB CATEGORY
First/Mid Officials & Mgrs
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.