C-HS Graduate or Equivalent
0 - 10%
75 Doe Run RoadManheim, PA 17545
1. Helps manage department inventories by tracking weekly sales reports, orders merchandise to meet customer demands and ensure highest quality products to meet profit goals. Smiles and greets customers. Discusses customer needs, makes suggestions, handles special requests and resolves customer concerns in a prompt and courteous manner.
2. May assist Produce Manager to set up work schedules, train floral associates and recognize performance to effectively utilize the talents/abilities of the floral staff. May attend floral seminars to gain instruction on new trends, activities or skills.
3. May develop and implement merchandising plans with limited input and direction in order to encourage impulse purchases to drive sales. Follows company initiatives such as Flower of the Month, utilization of rolling racks, etc.
4. Ensures floral product is fresh and in saleable condition with correct pricing and signage. Continually re-stocks products to keep displays appealing. Pulls out-of-date product to mark down or discard according to company policy. Creates arrangements on sales floor interest customers.
5. Maintains effective housekeeping program for floral. Follows cleaning schedules to ensure that work areas, display cases, etc. are well maintained and clean at all times. Maintains a safe work environment following all OSHA requirements.
6. Helps minimize department losses by inspecting product upon delivery and keeping product properly refrigerated. Reduces expenses by improving operations, controlling labor costs and reducing damages or shrink. Reports any shortages or overages to management.
7. Focuses on continuous improvement in all areas of the department in order to drive customer service and sales. May conduct classes and demonstrations or provide delivery service for customers (only applicable in Florist Stores)
8. Ensures smooth function of department and store by cooperating with co-workers and superiors. Responsible to continuously improve job performance.
9. Performs staff duties as required. May also be called upon to assist in other departments.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
Must know how to properly and safely operate equipment
Experience dealing with customers helpful.
Ability to multi-task.
Lifting 50 lbs
Standing for extended periods
Reaching, bending for extended periods
Sight or peripheral vision
Communications (especially verbal)
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.