C-HS Graduate or Equivalent
0 - 10%
140 State Route 23Franklin, NJ 7416
1. Manages department inventories by tracking weekly sales reports, orders products and supplies to meet customer demand in order to maximize sales and profits.
Maintains inventory levels to ensure the highest quality of freshness.
2. Schedules all deli associates, oversees and participates in training, rewards and recognizes performance and delegates work assignments to effectively utilize talents and abilities while maximizing profits for the department.
3. Develops and implements merchandising plans that meet the financial objectives of the department individually or in cooperation with superiors. Merchandizes displays in order to attract customers and drive sales.
4. Prepares, maintains and tracks all types of records concerning inventories to calculate gross monthly profits according to company guidelines. Maintains accurate department records other important matters, including associate performance and discipline, sales plans, etc.
5. Checks and verifies all deli deliveries and invoices to ensure accurate billing from vendors. May help unload merchandise and transport to sales floor or storage area.
6. Controls deli expenses by improving operations and efficiencies, controls labor costs and reduces losses due to damages, spoiled product and shrink. Ensures associates correctly follow company recipes for prepared products. Maintains food safety and freshness by properly removing and recording out of code products.
7. Maintains effective housekeeping program. Keeps merchandise fresh to meet all local, state, federal health, civil code regulations and company standards. Ensures that associates work and operate deli equipment in a safe manner by complying with OSHA requirements. Ensures compliance with all state, county and local weights and measures laws.
8. Focuses on continuously improving all areas of the department to better serve the customer and drive department sales.
9. Ensures smooth function of department and store by cooperating with co-workers and superiors. Responsible to continuously improve job performance.
10. Performs staff duties as required such as slicing meats and cheeses and assisting customers at the counter. Extensive food preparation and food handling on a daily basis.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
Must know how to properly and safely operate equipment utilized in moving merchandise.
Must be 18 and trained in order to use most deli equipment including deli slicer.
Ability to multi-task.
Experience dealing with customers helpful.
Sight and peripheral vision
Lifting up to 60 lbs
Communication (both verbal & written)
Standing for extended periods
Reaching, bending for extended periods
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.