0 - 10%
412 Day Hollow RoadEndicott, NY 13760
1. Greets customers with a smile, provides polite, quality service. Follows customer specifications to ensure return business to maximize sales.
2. Decorates cakes and other bakery products using dye, specific designs or by creating custom designs. Uses variety of creams, frostings and fillings with consistent outcome. Adheres to company approved recipes.
3. Trims and cuts cakes to required shape and size. Spreads icing between layers and on cake surface. Tints white icing to required colors.
4. Takes customer orders over the phone or in person at the store. Determines what the customer is looking for in terms of size, flavor and appearance. Creates the finished decorated product in timely fashion.
5. Assists Bakery Manager in filling and merchandising the bakery sales area while adhering to production logs. Creates cakes, pastries, etc. for sale in service case. Follows rotation and mark down policies to ensure quality and freshness. Helps maintain inventory levels with proper ordering.
6. May also perform Bakery Clerk duties such as resetting the bakery cases as needed, unloading freight and checking orders. Assists with general clean-up and housekeeping in the department to ensure compliance with company and legal regulations. Complies with company and legal regulations regarding food and human safety.
7. Ensures smooth function of department and store by cooperating with co-workers and superiors. Responsible to continuously improve job performance.
8. May assist in other areas of the store at request of superiors.
1. Mixes, shapes, proofs and bakes breads, rolls, sweet goods and cakes. Also makes up various items for the self-service cold case.
2. Decorates cakes and other bakery products. Trims and cuts cakes to required specifications using die or specific designs or may create custom designs. Spreads icing on cakes surface and between layers.
3. Fills donuts and places into frying oil. Flips donuts with sticks, removes donuts from oil and places onto racks for cooling.
4. Adheres to company, state and federal regulations concerning food and human safety when handling products, knives or bread slicing machine.
5. Greets and takes customer orders over the phone or in person. Determines what the customer is looking for in terms of size, flavor and appearance, then creates finished product to meet customer requirements.
6. Assists bakery manager with wrapping, pricing, filling in and merchandising the bakery sales area. Pulls out of code products from shelves and reduces to predetermined retail for quick sale. Rotates pre-baked and frozen baked items to ensure freshness.
7. Also performs other duties such as resetting bakery cases as needed, may also unload freight, check orders, assist with care and clean up of equipment and keeping bakery department (production and sales areas) clean and neat.
8. Ensures smooth function of department and store by cooperating with co-workers and superiors. Responsible to continuously improve job performance
9. Performs other staff duties as required.
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.