C-HS Graduate or Equivalent
0 - 10%
Sunbury, PA 17801
The Computer Operator is responsible for the day to day operations within the data center. Works under general supervision with direct instructions as needed. Monitors and operates all data processing equipment in accordance with operating instructions. Cleans and maintains all equipment in the data center. Performs restarts on all equipment located throughout the data center. Diagnoses and corrects minor equipment malfunctions and program abends. Reviews error messages and takes corrective action. Contacts support personal for all unresolvable problems. Follows a scheduled routine which may change with very little notice. Shift changes may be required when deemed necessary by management or may be required because of vacation or illness of another operator. Reports to Manager, Data Center Operations. Open position is third shift and includes weekends.
High school diploma, or equivalent required
AS degree in a related discipline, or 1 year experience in an IT environment preferred, but not required.
* Ability to follow directions
* Willingness and ability to learn and to apply new material quickly
* Strong communications skills
* Well-developed interpersonal skills
* Ability to effectively document and communicate relevant information to others
* Ability to maintain confidentiality of corporate information
* Self-motivation, organization, and strong innovation skills
* Positive attitude and professionalism and a commitment to corporate success
* Ability to work both as a team member and as an individual.
* Ability to use past experiences to resolve common hardware breakdowns and program terminations.
* Ability to properly prioritize workload when unforeseen incidents occur.
* Keen eye for system variances, detailed oriented.
* Core knowledge of electronic computer operations, peripheral equipment and computer concepts.
* Ability to use Data Center software applications and related hardware
* General understanding of backup and recovery of systems.
* Knowledge of Mainframe, CICS, ICCF, AIX, Windows and Stonebranch scheduler are a plus.
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.