Building Construction/Skilled Trades
Travels from site to site to service and repair refrigeration, HVAC, and other miscellaneous equipment in retail supermarkets. Most work is performed without direct supervision or assistance.
Respond to service requests to repair supermarket refrigeration systems, HVAC, checkout counters and other miscellaneous equipment.
2. Complete service reports, time sheets, expense reports, purchase records, etc. to document activities.
3. Maintain contact with Sunbury dispatch via telephone, voice mail and e-mail to receive new service calls.
4. Perform periodic preventive maintenance inspections and procedures; maintain the workplace (including the service van) in a neat, clean, and safe condition.
5. Communicate with the Service Supervisor to advise on the need for further action when appropriate.
6. Interview store personnel to determine the need for service; instruct store personnel in proper operational techniques for safe, effective, and efficient operation of their equipment.
7. Train new Service Techs.
8. Work and drive safely, using appropriate safety gear and techniques.
9. Respond to emergency breakdown calls whenever possible.
10. Project a professional image to associates, customers, and others; observe all rules of food safety and hygiene.
11. Perform other duties as directed by Supervision, and as required for the execution of the other responsibilities.
12. Open positions in the Delaware Valley and Allentown/Bethlehem areas
Must be a graduate of a refrigeration trade school or have equivalent exp. Demonstrated knowledge of refrigeration systems & service techniques, including troubleshooting, electrical, and brazing skills needed along with EPA certification. Must be able to interpret & apply manufacturer’s instruction as well as work on roofs, ladders & scaffolds at medium heights. Valid driver's license required.
Open positions in the Binghamton, NY, Scranton, PA areas
Daily travel between Weis store locations in assigned service area
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.