G-Bachelor’s Level Degree
0 - 10%
1000 S. 2nd StreetSunbury, PA 17801
The primary purpose of this position is to drive sales, profitability and customer experience and assist the assigned category team in achieving these goals. The Merchandiser accomplishes this by ensuring timely submission of merchandising plans and ad programs, communication of these programs to the stores. Special emphasis should be given to ensure category merchandise mix is appropriately tailored to and competitive within the chain and locally. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with company policies and state and federal laws.
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
1. Provide merchandising assistance to assigned category team to ensure objectives for sales, profit and customer shopping experience are being met.
2. Serve as liaison between the Store Support Center and the stores, regularly communicating merchandising plans, ad programs and in stock conditions. Work closely with the supply chain team to achieve expectations.
3. Regular visits to the stores to conduct detailed walk-throughs and evaluate how sales/merchandising programs are being executed. Provide timely and constructive feedback to store managers and associates to enhance their overall business awareness, merchandising program execution and focus on the customer.
4. Assist the category team with communication of merchandising plans for new items, sale items, promotional tie-ins, displays and signage in order to meet or exceed the sales and profit objectives for the assigned category team.
5. Build understanding and awareness of merchandising programs, sales building and profitability initiatives through timely communication to the appropriate store associates.
6. Interview the supplier community in order to develop strong overall merchandising/ad program for the assigned categories. Assure the new innovation is considered and all processes are followed on deleted items. Work through the process so that the speed to shelf requirements are met when evaluating your categories and implementing the POG’s.
7. Perform other related duties as assigned by management
Bachelor’s degree in a Business related field or equivalent combination of education and 3 years’ retail management experience. In addition, the associate must have experience in report analysis.
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.