C-HS Graduate or Equivalent
0 - 10%
801 Loyalsock AvenueMontoursville, PA 17754
JOB DESCRIPTION *
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
1. Responsible for the accounting bookwork practices at the store which includes the reconciliation and recording of drawers, balancing the office cash, lottery, and stamps. Assists in the research and investigation of any discrepancies. Keeps management fully informed.
2. Prepares bank deposits or assists with their preparation, making sure they are completed in a timely manner and are accurate.
3. Smiles and greets customers, answers customer questions and helps resolve customer concerns promptly, in a polite and professional manner. Follows company policies relating to customer check out to increase customer satisfaction.
4. Assist customer service with answering phone calls with a polite and positive attitude. Uses intercom for necessary announcements or pages.
5. Monitors the performance of cashiers and lot attendants and provides feedback to management. Follows and enforces all Front End policies and procedures. Participates in training/retraining of front end associates to ensure high levels of productivity, speed, accuracy and courtesy to customers. Assists to enforce and adhere to company policies and procedures as well as government regulations and laws.
6. Operates front-end scanning equipment and register, performs all related check out procedures including properly bagging merchandise efficiently and placing merchandise in customer’s cart.
7. Maintains accuracy during the transaction, ensuring the customer is charged for all items and appropriate funds are collected, including cash, checks, electronic payment and coupons. Maintains proper security measures and cash drawer accounting procedures, avoiding overages and/or shortages. Follows all store and legal guidelines regarding sale of tobacco and alcohol.
8. Maintains knowledge of weekly ads, marketing promotions and store layout to answer customer questions.
9. Responsible for general sanitation in the department. Follows cleaning schedules and department guidelines to ensure that work areas, equipment, counters, display cases, etc. are well maintained, clean and meet all health and OSHA requirements. Disposes of trash properly.
10. Ensures smooth function of department and store by cooperating with co-workers and superiors. Responsible to continuously improve job performance.
11. Responsible for utilization of all company provided Personal Protected Equipment (PPE). Including but not limited to: cut resistant gloves, safety cutters, company sponsored footwear, etc.
12. May also be called upon to assist in other departments
13.Indirectly supervises associates working on the Front End including cashiers and lot attendants. Specific number of associates depends upon store size.
JOB REQUIREMENTS *
Education and Experience
Current students, High school diploma or equivalent desireable
Knowledge and Skills
Other Skills, Abilities, and/or Training
Experience dealing with customers helpful.
Ability to multi-task.
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.