C-HS Graduate or Equivalent
0 - 10%
2100 County Line RoadHuntingdon Valley, PA 19006
Stocks and maintains the department according to established department procedures and standards to ensure that merchandise is available for customers in order to generate sales and maximize profits. Meet customer satisfaction through constant and consistent customer service. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and applicable laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
1. Manages department by adjusting orders to meet customer demands while maintaining freshness and minimizing shrink.
2. Promotes excellent customer relations by instilling positive customer focused behavior with associates. Smiles and greets customers, answers customer questions and helps resolve customer issues promptly in a polite and professional manner. Focuses on continuous improvement in all areas of the department and makes changes to ensure progress.
3. Operates the scanning equipment and cash register. Performs all related check out procedures including properly and efficiently bagging merchandise and placing merchandise in customer’s cart.
4. Maintains accuracy during the transaction, ensuring the customer is charged for all items and appropriate funds are collected. Maintains proper security measures and cash drawer accounting procedures, avoiding overages and/or shortages.
5. Schedules all department associates and determines work assignments to effectively utilize their skills and abilities. Regularly conducts on-the-job training efforts for department. Recognizes and rewards associate performance.
6. Follows all store and legal guidelines regarding sale of alcohol, as well as other products at the register.
7. Verifies all deliveries against invoices. Contacts vendors as needed to request product or service to meet customer demands. Inspects all products and supplies upon delivery, noting any shortages or overages. Enforces and follows department practices regarding receiving, dating and stocking product to ensure quality, accuracy and proper rotation. Removes out-of-code items.
8. Applies proper stocking techniques to ensure products are properly located on shelves, rotated and within easy customer reach. Ensures merchandise is in saleable condition with correct prices and signs. Stores excess merchandise according to backroom organization guidelines and 5S standards.
9. Follows company guidelines for merchandising product and utilizes incremental displays to drive sales.
10. May unload deliveries through operation of a power jack or hand jack (if properly trained – training provided)
11. May assist with baling cardboard or other related duties (if properly trained – training provided)
12. Responsible for general sanitation in the department. Follows cleaning schedules and department guidelines to ensure that work areas, equipment, counters, display cases, etc. are well maintained, clean and meet all health and OSHA requirements. Disposes of trash properly.
13. Ensures smooth function of department and store by cooperating with co-workers and supervisors. Responsible to continuously improve job performance.
14. Responsible for utilization of all company provided Personal Protected Equipment (PPE). Including but not limited to: cut resistant gloves, safety cutters, company sponsored footwear, etc.
15. May also be called upon to assist in other departments.
The associate is:
▪ Regularly required to do the following activities:
▪ Walk- move about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work station
▪ Balance, Stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
▪ Climb stairs and/or ladders.
▪ Stand dynamically to perform a function and move to perform another.
▪ Stand statically in one place to perform a function without changing location.
▪ Reaching- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
▪ Lift up to forty (40) pounds and carry a distance of twenty (20) feet.
▪ Push and/or pull up to fifty (50) pounds a distance of twenty (20) feet.
▪ Talk and hear; verbally express ideas and impart information or instructions.
▪ Use hands to finger, grasp, and/or feel; the ability to pick, pinch with fingers, type, seize, hold, apply pressure, or turn with hands; and perceive attributes of objects and materials, such as size, shape, temperature, or texture, by touching with fingertips.
▪ Close- clear vision at 20 inches or less
▪ Distance- clear vision at 20 feet or more
▪ Color- ability to identify and distinguish colors
▪ Peripheral- ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point.
▪ Depth- three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships.
▪ Adjust focus- ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus after looking at something at a closer or greater distance.
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.