C-HS Graduate or Equivalent
0 - 10%
4521 William Penn HighwayMifflintown, PA 17059
Our bakery associates assist the customer by preparing, baking, and packaging fresh quality baked goods.
The following list serves as a sample of commonly performed duties.
1. Follow company guidelines for providing quality customer service by greeting customers with a smile, offering assistance, suggesting alternatives when necessary and thanking them for shopping. Always maintain a positive and friendly attitude. Answer customer questions.
2. Ensure fresh quality merchandise by rotating stock, using proper product handling procedures, and controlling damages according to company procedures and standards.
3. Receive and unload incoming merchandise. Unpack boxes of merchandise, package baked goods and pastries, weigh and label baked goods, and stock display areas with new merchandise. Ensures that product has been properly priced with correct signage. Assist with ordering and handling special requests from time to time. Responsible for maintaining conditions of the sales floor, cooler, prep area, and backroom to company standards.
4. Must be familiar with and have knowledge of bakery merchandise such as breads, rolls, pastries, cakes and donuts. Generate sales by suggestive selling.
5. Follow company, state, and federal regulations for proper food handling and complete required product logs. Adhere to safety guidelines while utilizing equipment and utensils.
6. Ensure smooth workflow within department by cooperating with co-workers and superiors. Strive to continuously improve job performance.
7. Follow sanitation guidelines to maintain department conditions. Ensure compliance with health regulations, weights requirements, and measures and labeling laws according to company, state, federal and OSHA regulations. Dispose of trash properly.
8. Complete other job duties as requested by management.
Education and Experience
Current student, High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
Must know how to properly and safely operate equipment (must be 18 and trained in order to use certain baking equipment)
Experience dealing with customers helpful.
Ability to multi-task.
Lifting 50 lbs
Standing for extended periods
Reaching, bending for extended periods
Sight or peripheral vision
Communications (especially verbal)
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.