C-HS Graduate or Equivalent
0 - 10%
2065 Springwood RoadYork, PA 17403
1. Manages department inventories by tracking sales reports, orders merchandise to meet customer demands and maximize profits. Orders inventory to minimize shortages and overstocks while ensuring that merchandise is fresh.
2. Schedules all associates, oversees and participates in ongoing training efforts to teach specialized skills, rewards and recognizes performance and delegates work assignments so as to utilize talents and abilities to meet profit goals.
3. Develops and implements localized merchandising plans individually or in cooperation with superiors to drive department sales and profits.
4. Prepares, maintains and tracks inventory records to calculate gross monthly profits according to company guidelines. Responsible to verify proper completion of product logs to comply with company policy.
5. Follows established department procedures for receiving and unloading incoming shipments, stocking cases to ensure quality and accuracy of products, signs and prices. Rewraps as needed.
6. Keeps department expenses under control by continuously improving operations, meeting labor goals and implementing strategies to reduce damages and shrink.
7. Maintains a safe and clean working environment to ensure compliance with company, state, federal and OSHA safety and sanitation regulations. Ensures that associates work safely and comply with local, state, and government weights, measures and labeling laws.
8. Cooperates with other departments and store manager to cross merchandise to drive store wide sales.
9. Greets and takes orders from customers. Focuses on continuously improving customer service and implements changes to increase satisfaction.
10. Maintains accurate department records on all important matters including associate performance and discipline, sales plans, etc.
11. Ensures smooth function of department and store by cooperating with co-workers and superiors. Responsible to continuously improve job performance
12. Also performs duties of staff as required such as trimming and cutting.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred. Must be 18 years of age.
Knowledge and Skills
Must know how to properly and safely operate equipment in preparing meat and pork (must be 18 and trained in order to use equipment).
Experience dealing with customers helpful.
Sight and peripheral vision
Lifting up to 100 lbs, carrying up to 60 lbs
Standing and walking
Reaching, bending, and grasping
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.