C-HS Graduate or Equivalent
10 - 20%
123 Village Center Drive #1Lords Valley, PA 18428
SUMMARY OF JOB
Assists Meat Department Manager in providing leadership in the Meat Department by directing and managing all associate activities, including their training and development. Orders products and supplies for the department and implements company merchandising initiatives that accomplish sales and profit objectives while meeting customer requirements
Supervises all associates in Meat Department. Specific number depends upon store.
1. Manages department inventories by tracking sales reports and orders product and supplies so as to meet customer requirements while maximizing profits. Keeps inventories at a level to minimize out-of-stock and overstocks while insuring that merchandise is fresh.
2. Schedules all meat associates, oversees and participates in ongoing training efforts in which department associates are taught specialized skills developed over years, rewards and recognizes their performance and delegates work assignments so as to utilize their talents and abilities while maximizing department profits.
3. Develops and implements localized merchandising plans or follows guidelines and suggestions of company plans that help the meat department achieve sales and profit goals.
4. Prepares, maintains and tracks all types of records concerning inventories to calculate gross monthly profits according to company guidelines.
5. Follows established department procedures for receiving and unloading incoming shipments, pricing the product and stocking cases to ensure quality, protection, accuracy and proper rotation of product in the cases and cooler. Rewraps meats as needed.
6. Keeps department expenses under control by improving operations and efficiencies, meeting budgeted labor goals as determined by the company and by taking action to control shrinkage and pilferage losses.
7. Maintains a safe and clean working environment to insure compliance with all safety and sanitation requirements as set forth by the company and mandated by state, federal and OSHA regulations. Ensures that associates work and operate the equipment in the department in a safe manner. Follows through to ensure compliance to local, state, and government weights and measures and labeling laws.
8. Develops and maintains communication processes with other departments in order to devise marketing plans which will help meet the store’s profit objectives. Keeps Store Manager informed of these plans.
9. Greets and takes orders from customers. Identifies areas in the Meat Department where customer service could be improved, then institutes changes that address these concerns.
10. Maintains accurate department records on all important matters including associate performance and discipline, sales plans, etc.
11. Also performs duties of staff as required such as trimming and cutting.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school education or general education degree (GED) with a minimum of 3 years experience in meat operations with at least 2 years of these as a meat cutter. Associate degree in a business related field helpful.
Technical skills needed in meat industry, including cutting. Must read, write and have above average analytical skills to understand profit and loss statements and to interpret various reports. Good leadership skills and ability to effectively communicate with customers, associates and vendors. Some knowledge of computers helpful.
Hearing (Auditory) Sight or peripheral vision
Lifting (occasionally up to 100 lbs) Verbal communication
Carrying (up to 50 lbs) Reading
Bending, reaching, grasping Some tolerance for stress
Operating equipment (saw, grinder, scales,
Standing and walking
Works in enclosed area. Will be required to work in meat freezer, handle raw product and may experience some noise when equipment is running, otherwise normal store environment. Interacts with customers and associates daily.
Must be available to work the hours needed to complete tasks and meet the needs of customers including working overtime, nights and weekends.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER Date: 09/01
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.