0 - 10%
York, PA 17404
1. Manages department inventories by tracking weekly sales reports and orders products to meet customer requirements and company profit goals.
2. Schedules all dairy associates and determines their work assignments to effectively utilize their skills and abilities. Regularly participates in on-the-job training efforts of department associates as well as recognizes associate performance.
3. Develops and implements merchandizing plans or follows management's suggestions or guidelines to meet sales and profit objectives of the department.
4. Prepares and maintains records of inventories to calculate gross monthly profits, consistent with company guidelines. Verifies all deliveries against invoices.
5. Inspects all perishable and non-perishable products and supplies upon delivery, noting any shortages or overages. Enforces and follows department practices regarding receiving, dating and stocking product to ensure quality, accuracy and proper rotation. Removes out-of-code items.
6. Controls department costs by monitoring and improving dairy operations to increase profitability. Maintains labor costs and reduces losses due to shrink, damage and pilferage.
7. Keeps dairy department clean. Keeps merchandise fresh so as to meet all health department regulations, pass sanitation inspections and meet company quality standards. Ensures that dairy associates work safely and that OSHA requirements are always met.
8. Maintains excellent customer relations. Focuses on continuous improvement in all areas of the department and makes changes to ensure progress.
9. Maintains all important department records including information regarding the performance and discipline of dairy associates, sales plans, etc.
10. Ensures smooth function of department and store by cooperating with co-workers and superiors. Responsible to continuously improve job performance
11. Performs duties of staff as required.
Education and Experience
Current student, High school or GED preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
Must know how to operate store equipment utilized in moving merchandise.
Must have ability and dexterity to lift, carry, and stock merchandise.
Ability to multi-task.
Lifting up to 100 lbs.
Sight and peripheral vision
Carrying up to 60 lbs.
Operates store equipment such as jacks, baler, etc.
Standing and walking
Reaching and bending
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.