C-HS Graduate or Equivalent
0 - 10%
4521 William Penn HighwayMifflintown, PA 17059
1. Helps Grocery Manager plan and schedule the workload in the non-perishable departments efficiently. Maintains teamwork and cooperation within the department. In the absence of store management, may be called upon to perform these same tasks storewide.
2. Assists with the planning, building and stocking of store displays. Helps maintain sanitation for a clean and orderly store. Unloads trucks, assists in controlling backroom inventory and may check in vendors. Ensures that merchandise is rotated and out-of-code product is removed. Disposes of damaged products according to policy. Checks displays and signage to ensure correctness.
3. Helps oversee and participates cleaning and sanitation schedules. Shares responsibility for enforcing safety and sanitation policies under company, state, federal and OSHA standards.
4. Helps maintain pricing policies to ensure pricing integrity. Focuses on continuously improving work objectives and customer service. In the absence other store managers handles customer requests and complaints promptly and professionally.
5. Aids in enforcing company dress code. Assists with enforcing associate compliance to company policies. Helps minimize shrink and damages. Answers customer questions, handles special requests and ensures quality associate customer service.
6. Assists Grocery Manager in controlling inventories through proper ordering of merchandise. May participate in on-the-job training of associates, especially in grocery. If designated the person in charge, may advise store management on a wide range of human resource matters and make recommendations.
7. Ensures smooth function of department and store by cooperating with co-workers and superiors. Responsible to continuously improve job performance.
8. Often performs duties of staff when store management is present.
Education and Experience
Current student, High school or GED preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
Must know how to operate store equipment utilized in moving merchandise.
Must have ability and dexterity to lift, carry, and stock merchandise.
Ability to multi-task.
Lifting up to 100 lbs.
Sight and peripheral vision
Carrying up to 60 lbs.
Operates store equipment such as jacks, baler, etc.
Standing and walking
Reaching and bending
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.