C-HS Graduate or Equivalent
0 - 10%
1800 Roosevelt AvenueYork, PA 17404
1. Manages department inventories by tracking weekly sales reports and orders products and supplies to meet customer demands, drive sales and company gross profit goals.
2. Schedules bakery associates, oversees and participates in ongoing training efforts to teach specialized skills, recognizes associate performance and delegates work assignments to effectively utilize the talents and abilities of associates while maximizing department productivity and profits.
3. Develops and implements merchandising plans individually or in cooperation with superiors that meet financial goals. Knowledgeable on weekly ads and specials to ensure correct pricing and production amounts. Continuously improves knowledge of produced merchandise. Adheres to and enforces company policy of production logs.
4. Prepares, maintains and tracks records concerning inventories to calculate gross monthly profits according to company guidelines. Maintains associate department records and reports on all important matters including associate performance and discipline, sales, future plans, etc.
5. Inspects and checks product and supplies upon delivery. Enforces and follows department practices regarding receiving, dating and restocking to ensure product rotation. Monitors product quality and freshness. Ensures out-of-code products are removed and reduced.
6. Oversees the baking and general production of the department. Cooperates with other departments to cross merchandize to drive sales. Maintains budgeted percentages related to sales, labor controls and shrink control. Ensures orders are completed in timely fashion.
7. Maintains effective housekeeping program. Ensures compliance with all company policies relating to safety, cleanliness and sanitation. Complies with local, state and government weights, measures and health department regulations.
8. Greets and takes orders from customers with pleasant, positive attitude. Focuses on continuous improvement in customer satisfaction and operations. Implements changes to ensure quality customer service and products. Instills a positive customer service image with associates.
9. Ensures smooth function of department and store by cooperating with co-workers and superiors. Responsible to continuously improve job and department performance.
10. Also performs duties of staff as required.
Education and Experience
Current student, High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
Must know how to properly and safely operate equipment (must be 18 and trained in order to use certain baking equipment)
Experience dealing with customers helpful.
Ability to multi-task.
Lifting 50 lbs
Standing for extended periods
Reaching, bending for extended periods
Sight or peripheral vision
Communications (especially verbal)
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.