C-HS Graduate or Equivalent
6093 Spring Ridge ParkwayFrederick, MD 21701
The role of the RCI Organized Retail Crime Theft Investigator is to identify, investigate, and resolve external theft and organized retail crime within an assigned geographic area.
• Investigate and resolve external theft (Shoplifting, Organized Retail Crime, Etc.)
• Analyze and evaluate dishonest behavior
• Operate the store CCTV system
• Conduct undercover surveillances
• Act as a liaison between Weis Markets and local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies
• Professionally represent Weis Markets in court hearings and mediations
• Effectively manage time and scheduling to best suit the company’s needs including evenings, weekends, and occasional overnights
• Travel to multiple locations within an assigned area and provide investigative support
Partners with Store Management and associates to best protect the company assets
• Maintain a professional appearance and demonstrate a high level of confidentiality regarding integrity opportunities
• Effective organizational, communication, and writing skills
• Ability to direct and prioritize multiple tasks
• Able to work irregular hours including occasional overnights
• Act with a sense of urgency
• Exhibit strong leadership skills and abilities
• One year retail loss prevention experience
• Ability to make appropriate decisions in stressful situations
• Knowledge of surveillance and apprehension techniques
• Able to pass a comprehensive background and drug screening
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.