C-HS Graduate or Equivalent
0 - 10%
16 S. Industrial Park RdMilton, Pennsylvania 17847United States of America (the)
The primary purpose of this position is to supervise workloads, schedule, tasks and other related functions to ensure implementation of day-to-day activities of transportation. Ensures compliance of safety standards and maintenance of vehicles are in good running condition during specified shift; either first, second or third shift operations. The candidate will focus on continuous department improvement to meet transportation objectives with emphasis on safety, quality, and customer service. Ensures proper coordination of daily operations through monitoring of performance measures and communication with management and associates. Frequent independent judgments are essential.
This position directly supervises drivers, jockeys and office staff to carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Weis Markets policies, DOT regulations, and applicable laws. The incumbent determines work order based upon demand and the need of product. Responsibilities include training, directing, rewarding, and disciplining associate; appraising associate performance; and resolving complaints.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED equivalent with a minimum of five (5) years’ Transportation and/or Supply Chain Operations experience or Bachelor of Science in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or Business Administration and a minimum of three (3) years’ of Warehouse, Supply Chain or Logistics experience required. Basic technical knowledge and transportation experience within food distribution preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
1. Directs and supervises the work and productivity of drivers and clerical associates within the transportation department.
2. Ensures all drivers and other transportation department associates are properly trained in job duties as well as safety and legal responsibilities.
3. Ensure maintenance of driver qualification files.
4. Proactively monitor and manage inbound/outbound/backhaul shipments of product. Monitor driver schedules to include DOT hours, breaks, additional stops and total hours are efficiently completed.
5. Ensure a safe work environment that is consistent with company safety and health standards.
6. Complies with distribution procedures and governmental OSHA, Safety and DOT regulations under federal, state, and local laws for shipping and handling requirements.
7. Maintain compliance with receiving, warehousing, and distribution policies and procedures.
8. Anticipates, analyzes and troubleshoots problems with deliveries and devises cost-effective and legal solutions; and acts to implement same. Achieves financial objectives by analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
9. Research and develop new techniques and procedures to increase efficiency and safety in operations.
10. Conducts routine Safety and Driver meetings.
11. Creates an atmosphere in which upward communications is encouraged and motivate associates to achieve department goals and objectives.
12. Investigates all accidents, maintains an accident file, tracks causes and takes appropriate preventative actions.
13. Safeguards transportation operations and contents through established security procedures and protocols.
14. Facilitate communication within and amongst management, departments, Stores, Store Support Center and Supply Chain.
15. Ability to be flexible to changing business needs and react to those needs in a professional positive manner.
Duty Hours (Day/Wk & Hrs/Day):
Tuesday- Saturday work week
Mid 50,000.00 salary range, based off of experience.
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.