C-HS Graduate or Equivalent
0 - 10%
York, PA 17403
1. Greets customers with a smile, provides polite, quality service. Follows customer specifications to ensure return business to maximize sales.
2. Decorates cakes and other bakery products using dye, specific designs or by creating custom designs. Uses variety of creams, frostings and fillings with consistent outcome. Adheres to company approved recipes.
3. Trims and cuts cakes to required shape and size. Spreads icing between layers and on cake surface. Tints white icing to required colors.
4. Takes customer orders over the phone or in person at the store. Determines what the customer is looking for in terms of size, flavor and appearance. Creates the finished decorated product in timely fashion.
5. Assists Bakery Manager in filling and merchandising the bakery sales area while adhering to production logs. Creates cakes, pastries, etc. for sale in service case. Follows rotation and mark down policies to ensure quality and freshness. Helps maintain inventory levels with proper ordering.
6. May also perform Bakery Clerk duties such as resetting the bakery cases as needed, unloading freight and checking orders. Assists with general clean-up and housekeeping in the department to ensure compliance with company and legal regulations. Complies with company and legal regulations regarding food and human safety.
7. Ensures smooth function of department and store by cooperating with co-workers and superiors. Responsible to continuously improve job performance.
8. May assist in other areas of the store at request of superiors.
To perform this job successfully, the associate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without an accommodation. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required:
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).1-2 years’ experience in decorating.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions/ procedure manuals. Can speak effectively to customers to solicit new business. Able to type, prepare, copy, file, and keep records.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10s and 100s. Able to perform these operations using American units of money, weight, volume, and distance.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The following qualities are required:
- Minimum sixteen (18) years of age. Reason: Operation of equipment and utilization of knives and tools.
- Ability to pass drug test.
- Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work overtime on an occasional basis
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
- Familiarity with industry/technical terms and processes, helpful.
- Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
- Ability to pass a cake decorating test.
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.