0 - 10%
7801 Glenlivet Drive WestFogelsville, PA 18051
Ensures a pleasurable and friendly shopping experience by greeting and assisting customers as they enter and exit the store. Groups carts and baskets at front of store for ease of access. Maintains a clean and safe shopping environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
1. Smiles and greets customers, answers customer questions and helps resolve customer issues promptly in a polite and professional manner.
2. Retrieves all shopping carts and baskets on the premises safely and efficiently. Ensures that carts or baskets are not left in parking areas, sales floor, backroom and taken from cart corral to front porch of store for customer use. Empties carts and baskets of debris. Takes defective carts or baskets out of service.
3. Helps customers by bringing groceries to vehicle and then loading their groceries into vehicle. Retrieving cart and returning it to the store. Utilizes umbrellas for customers when weather permits.
4. Assists cashiers by bagging groceries per Company standards. Promptly responds to intercom pages.
5. Maintains the sales floor. Helps keep the sales floor free of slip and trip hazards. May also clear sidewalks and porch of snow, ice, and debris. Utilizes and maintains cleaning cart.
6. Sweeps, washes, mops and does general clean-up work. Cleans restrooms and break rooms, replenishes supplies, disposes of waste and keeps building and surrounding grounds in orderly condition.
7. May operate (if properly trained – training provided) various motor driven equipment used for cleaning. Maintains cleaning equipment in good repair.
8. Notifies store management when repairs or maintenance is needed or when he/she observes unsafe conditions which require more than his/her attention. Also, informs store management when there is need for more supplies.
9. Empties and cleans bottle return machines, where applicable. Provides customer service at bottle machines and assistance when needed. Cleans and maintains bottle room.
10. Empties recycle bag bins and brings to appropriate designated area of store.
11. Responsible for general sanitation in the department. Follows cleaning schedules and department guidelines to ensure that work areas, equipment, counters, display cases, etc. are well maintained, clean and meet all health and OSHA requirements. Disposes of trash properly.
12. Ensures smooth function of department and store by cooperating with co-workers and supervisors. Responsible to continuously improve job performance.
13. May assist with baling cardboard or other related duties (if properly trained – training provided)
14. May assist with unloading deliveries by operating a power jack or hand jack (if properly trained – training provided).
15. Responsible for utilization of all company provided Personal Protected Equipment (PPE). Including but not limited to: cut resistant gloves, safety cutters, company sponsored footwear, etc.
16. May also be called upon to assist in other departments.
Regularly required to do the following activities:
▪ Walk- move about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work station to another.
▪ Balance, Stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
▪ Climb stairs and/or ladders.
▪ Stand dynamically to perform a function and move to perform another.
▪ Stand statically in one place to perform a function without changing location.
▪ Reaching- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
Lift up to twenty (20) pounds and carry a distance of ten (10) feet.
▪ Push and/or pull up to twenty (20) pounds a distance of ten (10) feet.
▪ Talk and hear; verbally express ideas and impart information or instructions.
▪ Use hands to finger, grasp, and/or feel; the ability to pick, pinch with fingers, type, seize, hold, apply pressure, or turn with hands; and perceive attributes of objects and materials, such as size, shape, temperature, or texture, by touching with fingertips.
▪ Close- clear vision at 20 inches or less
▪ Distance- clear vision at 20 feet or more
▪ Color- ability to identify and distinguish colors
▪ Peripheral- ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point
▪ Depth- three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships.
▪ Adjust focus- ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus after looking at something at a closer or greater distance.
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.