C-HS Graduate or Equivalent
0 - 10%
1000 S. 2nd StreetSunbury, PA 17801
Perform processes and procedures used to maintain the overall cleanliness and sanitation of the plant.
Develop working knowledge of CIP (clean in place) Operator position. Must learn both raw and pasteurized CIP processes and hookups.
2. Completion of Environmental Work Orders.
3. Maintain compliance with HACCP Plan and all the associated programs and paperwork.
4. Participate in the in-house Environmental Pathogen program and the ATP/Watergiene programs.
5. Conduct Sanitary Inspections.
6. Conduct sampling and testing for Allergen Program.
7. Work in conjunction with the QC lab and cleaner representatives to trouble-shoot bacteria related issues throughout the plant.
8. Develop working knowledge of in-plant computer controls. Must be able to access and comprehend CIP programs and Data Retrieval information.
9. Develop working knowledge of cream loadout and tanker CIP.
10. Must be flexible with schedule, typical shift starts at 9AM, may be required to work weekends or late nights, if
11. All associates in their related tasks are responsible for maintaining the commitment to Food Safety and Food Quality.
The CIP (clean in place) Specialist should have good basic computer skills, good basic math skills, and good verbal and written communication skills. The job requires a conscientious, detail-oriented person who is accurate and consistent. The job requires the ability to work independently and cooperatively in groups. They must also work safely. This person must be reliable, trustworthy, and have a good understanding about the importance of proper sanitation practices in a food processing plant. Mechanical inclination helpful.
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.