C-HS Graduate or Equivalent
0 - 10%
1786J Columbia AvenueColumbia, PA 17512
1. Manages department inventories by tracking weekly sales reports and orders product and supplies to meet customer requirements and maximize sales and profits.
2. Schedules associates, oversees and assists with training, recognizes performance and delegates work assignments to effectively utilize talents and abilities while maximizing profits.
3. Develops and implements localized merchandising plans, sets up and creates displays for new or seasonal items to drive sales. Develops and maintains communications with other departments and store manager in order to devise cross merchandising plans, to meet financial objectives.
4. Prepares, maintains and tracks records concerning inventories to calculate gross monthly profits according to company guidelines.
5. Follows established procedures for receiving merchandise including inspecting deliveries, pricing products and restocking cases to ensure freshness and quality, accuracy and rotation. Enforces and follows food and human safety laws and policies.
6. Controls department expenses by improving operations and efficiencies, by controlling labor costs and by reducing losses due to shrinkage or damages.
7. Maintains effective sanitation program. Keeps merchandise clean and fresh to meet health department regulations, pass sanitation inspections and meet company standards. Ensures that associates work and operate equipment safely, complying with OSHA requirements. Ensures compliance with local, state and government weights and measures laws.
8. Focuses on continuously improving customer service and department functions. Implements changes to increase customer satisfaction, lower labor costs and maximize profits.
9. Maintains accurate records on all important matters, including associate performance and discipline, sales plans, etc.
10. Ensures smooth function of department and store by cooperating with co-workers and superiors. Responsible to continuously improve job performance.
11. Also performs duties of staff as required.
Education and Experience
Current student, High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
Knowledge and Skills
Must have ability and dexterity to lift 60 pounds with ease. Must know how to properly and safely operate equipment utilized in moving merchandise. Experience dealing with customers helpful. Ability to multi-task. Must be attentive to detail.
Lifting up to 60 lbs
Reaching and bending for extended periods
Sight and peripheral vision
Communication (both verbal & written)
"Working for Weis Markets has been an overall amazing experience for me."
"Working as a manager, allows me to help train new associates to become the best they can be."
"What I love about working at Weis are the opportunities you're given to advance."
"Being a manager for Weis Markets has allowed me to grow as a leader, and an individual."
"Weis Markets opened the door for me and provided me with opportunities."
"I'm able to share my opinions about how to drive sales in my department and make it happen."
"Management has always been nice, cooperative and patient during training and daily work flow."
"Working at Weis has been a very positive experience. I feel valued and appreciated."
Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.