Our cashiers engage the customer promptly by scanning products and collecting payment in a friendly and efficient manner. The following list serves as a sample of commonly performed duties.
- Follow company guidelines for providing quality customer service by greeting customers with a smile, offering assistance, suggesting alternatives when necessary and thanking them for shopping. Always maintain a positive and friendly attitude. Answer customer questions.
- Ensure fresh quality merchandise by using proper product scanning and bagging techniques. Help with controlling damages and minimizing product losses according to company procedures and standards.
- Perform all related check out procedures including scanning products, bagging groceries, scanning coupons, and processing payments.
- Maintain knowledge of weekly ads, advertised and in-store specials, and special promotions. Generate sales by suggestive selling.
- Maintain proper security measures and cash drawer accounting procedures. Responsible for all funds including cash, checks, debit/credit slips and coupons. Follow all store and legal guidelines regarding sale of tobacco and alcohol.
- Ensure smooth workflow within department by cooperating with co-workers and superiors. Strive to continuously improve job performance.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the registers and surrounding front end work areas.
- Complete other job duties as requested by management.
Education and Experience
Current students, High school diploma or GED preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Ability to understand simple math.
Experience dealing with customers helpful.
Ability to multi-task.
Lifting up to 35 lbs
Reaching & grasping in a confined area
Operating front-end equipment
Frequent communication (especially verbal)
Sight and peripheral vision (full awareness of surroundings)
Standing for extended periods